Weather Channel - Local on the 8s

Status
Please reply by conversation.

generix

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 3, 2011
Savannah, GA
My HR24s got the newest update (with HD apps) two days ago. Since then, Local on the 8s on the Weather Channel hasn't been showing up at the right times. Is anyone else having the same issue?

Just to add some more information, I am getting the interactive program mini-banner (red button for local and dash to exit) regularly. After a reboot and waiting, the local on the 8s overlay is still very inconsistent. I saw the overlay work once but most of the time nothing shows up during those times on either of the 24s.

You're not alone. Seems lots of people are seeing the same problem with the interactive apps since the new ones were launched

Ok, thanks for the confirmation. It worked pretty flawlessly before this update, good to know it's a problem since it might actually get fixed that way.

I wish they'd figure out a fix to get the local info when TWC isn't showing weather which is most of the time these days. On cable when they're running Storm Stories or whatever the local info displays at the side and bottom. Also, noticed a while ago that the page that displays current conditions for area cities (4-5) has disappeared...I'd like to see that again. ...I have the old H20-100s and haven't noticed any real issues with the local info not showing up, but I'll keep an eye on it and report back. At least Dtv got something to work unlike DISH.

I wish they'd figure out a fix to get the local info when TWC isn't showing weather which is most of the time these days. On cable when they're running Storm Stories or whatever the local info displays at the side and bottom. Also, noticed a while ago that the page that displays current conditions for area cities (4-5) has disappeared...I'd like to see that again. ...I have the old H20-100s and haven't noticed any real issues with the local info not showing up, but I'll keep an eye on it and report back. At least Dtv got something to work unlike DISH.

The fix for that is to not show all the crap they do now and show weather 24/7 like they used to. Like they should do.

The fix for that is to not show all the crap they do now and show weather 24/7 like they used to. Like they should do.

Yeah EJ I agree with you...but there's something about when pigs fly! I remember when they first went on the air they didn't have commercials...just weather. I just don't think NBC-Comcast is ready to go there again.

I wish they could come up with something like the Local Cable companies do, they actually have a forcast for YOUR city, not a general area.
That said, I know that would probably be a HUGE undertaking.

Mine is for my zip code. I think you can make your local forecast for any city you want. There are settings in the interactive thing that pops up.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Mine is for my zip code. I think you can make your local forecast for any city you want. There are settings in the interactive thing that pops up.

The forecast is correct, but the Radar shows a whole 1/4 of the country, not too useful if you want detailed info about a storm coming in.

Yeah, that's lame. I thought you were referring to the whole local forecast. The Weather Channel seems to only provide actual weather to its online and cell phone app viewers. TV viewers can watch reality shows...

At least you guys have this. We still don't on Dish even with the new hoppers.

At least you guys have this. We still don't on Dish even with the new hoppers.

I noticed that at my parents. I was shocked that dish didn't have it. Then I remembered who we are talking about.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)