Weather Channel - local weather

walendvay

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 29, 2006
When will dish release the local on the 8s on the weather channel. I've yet to see the interactive weather that some of you have been chatting about on my 622 receiver

Local Weather... "What's That"

Called Dish Network's customer service, talked to 3 technical customer service reps and none of them knew anything about the new Weather Channel - Local weather service.

They kept sending me to channel 100 and Accuweather. :confused:

This is a all around Dish issue..

I now have this feature on all 4 (2 HD and 2 SD) of my receivers. The channel 214 feature is not available yet but go to channel 100, select 2 (news) then 5 (TWC Weather) to see what is available at this point.

TWC in HD would be great. Especially Storm Stories HD. Oh well, someday..

I have it on both of my receivers now (622/625). Originally I only got it on my 622. I'd imagine the percentage is higher than 25% by now.

This is the wrong forum about the locals on the 8's but I wouldn't mind seeing TWC in HD.
Since when do people care what forum the information goes in? How many HD threads are in the "Dish Network Forum" general category that are specific to HD (ie the ESPNHD PQ thread right now).

walendvay, have you tried going to Channel 100 and then down to news and then the TWC Weather link? I thought that if I went to TWC channel it would give me that option but it never did. Instead when I go to Dish Home I can locate the button.

Ok I don't have the 622 or a HDTV as of yet. I have seen local OTA HDTV channels in my area and all have a sub channel the shows Weather Radar and current and forcast conditions 24 7. I would think with the 622 OTA you could watch these sub channels of your local weather and not have to wait till the TWC shows it on the 8's.

I was wondering what will happen to TWC in 2 years when they turn SD off and everyone has access to the local weather buy way of the sub channels?

Assumption

Ok I don't have the 622 or a HDTV as of yet. I have seen local OTA HDTV channels in my area and all have a sub channel the shows Weather Radar and current and forcast conditions 24 7. I would think with the 622 OTA you could watch these sub channels of your local weather and not have to wait till the TWC shows it on the 8's.

I was wondering what will happen to TWC in 2 years when they turn SD off and everyone has access to the local weather buy way of the sub channels?

You are assuming that everyone all across the US will have the sub-channels. This won't happen in many locations. Plus there are many that don't get OTA's for the "locals".

They won't be turning SD off. Analog is turned off, NTSC. The ATSC digital stations will have both SD and HD.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts