Weather problems at uplink center?

I'm getting drop outs, and signal loss on any channel I try. I got screen with the code 11-12-11 that I have seen only once before. Anyone else?
I'm on the Western Arc presently.

Edit - looks like there is a tornado watch in that area?

I am glad I was the only one.I lost the signal too. I had to go out for a while, but when I got back everything was fine. It is cloudy here, but nothing else. So it looks like it was with Dish. Good to know.

Reactions: Tampa8
They have a backup in Arizona.

But in the case of surprise bad weather like this, to switch over to the backup would take longer then just waiting the weather out for a few minutes. :)
It's good they do have a back-up in Arizona. But keep in mind how long some of us have had DISH something like 22+ years. This is one of the longer outages coming from their side (not weather on my side) in all those years. There was a time or two a Satellite had a problem and they moved things around that took a little time. If you add up all that time, all the time I have lost a signal from weather on my end, you can even add equipment failing, all those years does not add up to outages cable has sometimes either in Ct or Fl in just a year or two. That is not an exaggeration. Cable (In my case internet but it means tv was out to for cable subscribers) was out weeks here last year from just one incident. It was out six+ hours here just three months ago from a car accident into a pole. In Ct we have had it out for days at a time after an ice storm etc. Power out? Cable TV out.

It's going to be a big step backwards to me if Satellite goes away and we rely on wired telecommunications.

It's good they do have a back-up in Arizona. But keep in mind how long some of us have had DISH something like 22+ years. This is one of the longer outages coming from their side (not weather on my side) in all those years. There was a time or two a Satellite had a problem and they moved things around that took a little time. If you add up all that time, all the time I have lost a signal from weather on my end, you can even add equipment failing, all those years does not add up to outages cable has sometimes either in Ct or Fl in just a year or two. That is not an exaggeration. Cable (In my case internet but it means tv was out to for cable subscribers) was out weeks here last year from just one incident. It was out six+ hours here just three months ago from a car accident into a pole. In Ct we have had it out for days at a time after an ice storm etc. Power out? Cable TV out.

It's going to be a big step backwards to me if Satellite goes away and we rely on wired telecommunications.

This is one of the potential concerns I have with going to a streaming-only model. Our internet has been out for days are a time with every provider we've ever had. If I were to switch away from Dish, I probably would have to have OTA as well.

This is one of the potential concerns I have with going to a streaming-only model. Our internet has been out for days are a time with every provider we've ever had. If I were to switch away from Dish, I probably would have to have OTA as well.
I have Dish plus OTA, so if Dish goes out for a while I still have something to watch besides recordings.

I couldn't tell you how many trouble calls I got when this happened that cost me so much money as a tech when I was doing it.
Complete and utter BS... you can't remove them and you basically just get screwed because of weather 2000miles away.

Reactions: HipKat

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)