Weather Problems with Satellite Dish and HD Channels

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

mlbfans

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 27, 2007
Waunakee, Wisconsin
This is getting very frustrating...since my dish was moved to the southwest corner of my house, my signal levels have fluctuated...
We have had a lot of windy days and RAIN (South-central Wisconsin floods), but I have had nothing but problems.
Right now, zeros on all my 103 (c) transponders and my 101 is in the low 70's...
I was in the 90's on 101 and 103 (c) yesterday afternoon and last night...

HELP!!

This is getting very frustrating...since my dish was moved to the southwest corner of my house, my signal levels have fluctuated...
We have had a lot of windy days and RAIN (South-central Wisconsin floods), but I have had nothing but problems.
Right now, zeros on all my 103 (c) transponders and my 101 is in the low 70's...
I was in the 90's on 101 and 103 (c) yesterday afternoon and last night...

HELP!!

If you have good signals in normal weather conditions I would look for a bad cable/connection, don't forget the ground block connections too.
Look for something that is getting wet.
Possibly an LNB going bad as well.

Are you using more than one rec. ?
If so, are you having issues with the other one to ?

Jimbo

I had a good signal yesterday afternoon, the rain came and the 103 (c) signal went away and the 101 went to the middle 70's...both receivers are not showing 103 (c)...

BBC's are new tech was here a week ago and all was great!

I had a good signal yesterday afternoon, the rain came and the 103 (c) signal went away and the 101 went to the middle 70's...both receivers are not showing 103 (c)...

BBC's are new tech was here a week ago and all was great!

Just curious, run thru the D* rec. set up and make sure that it is still set up for a 5 lnb dish, this could be one reason your not getting them, if by chance it defaulted to a 3 lnb set up.
Not sure what would cause that to happen, but I have had it happen before.
I ran thru the set up, with the 5 and it came right in.

Jimbo

Middle 70's is kind of low for the 101. As long as its not Thundering and lightning . rain or snow my 101 is always around 92-100 depending on TP. You have alinement issue. Or obstruction of some kind.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)