Website changes, can't print bill

sigmtr

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 3, 2006
Central IL
Got my DISH Network eStatement Reminder today and followed the link to go to the My Account page where you login. Got right in and noticed there are many more details about your account now, like what receivers you have with all the serial numbers, what packages you have, etc. Nice, but when I went to the View My Bill option and clicked the link for the PDF download, my reader (Foxit) says it was not a PDF file or was corrupted.

I refuse to use Adobe's bloatware just to read a PDF, and Foxit loads very fast. Without the PDF there's no way to tell when my bank account will be charged, although I pretty much know form past bills, but I'm old enough to like having a paper copy laying on my desk to remind me.

Anyone else had problems downloading/printing their bill?

Oh, and on my record they show an ancient 4900 as my secondary receiver, but not the 625 that I recently replaced with a 722. Neither are active and are sitting in boxes, but why would they show the really old model?

sigmtr

I refuse to use Adobe's bloatware just to read a PDF

You really need to give Adobe Reader 8 a try. It loads much more quickly than previous versions and works quite well. I sure wouldn't call it "bloatware." Be sure to run the upgrades to version 8.11.

I had this problem once before with foxit .. i checked back again a day or two later and it downloaded just fine .... i think it was something to do with the fact that i was trying to view the bill on the same day that it was put online ... maybe it was not finalized or something from dish's side.

I'd give it a day or so to see if that fixes anything first.

:)

I use linux. It has a document reader that handles pdf files well. And it's like... instant. We've had issues with PDF files delivered over the web here on campus that apparently have an issue when created in newer versions of Acrobat or InDesign or something.... when people access them with Adobe's own reader... it locks up there computer tight as a tick and only a hard reset/reboot gets tehm operational again. And it's repeatable.

I'm having the same problem and I do use the Adobe PDF reader. I just sent an email to Dish requesting that they mail copies of my October and November bills. I have had trouble signing in about 50% of the time in the last month and PDF bills are never available when I do succeed in signing in. Because it is impossible to print my bills, I requested that they mail bills from now on.

I'm having the same problem and I do use the Adobe PDF reader. I just sent an email to Dish requesting that they mail copies of my October and November bills. I have had trouble signing in about 50% of the time in the last month and PDF bills are never available when I do succeed in signing in. Because it is impossible to print my bills, I requested that they mail bills from now on.

I guess I'm going to have to go the same route. Three weeks have gone by since my original post on this topic, and I still can't print my bill. I've also gone to Adobe 8 with no luck. At least I was able to see with my online banking when the account was debited, but it's still not unreasonable to expect a hard copy if you're willing to supply the paper and ink!

Should also point out that the main website for Dish is hostile to alternate browsers like Firefox now. It won't even load the main components of the page, but at least you can still log in (most of the time).

sigmtr

I don't usually print out my monthly billings, but I did it this morning, just to see if I would encounter any problems, as you are reporting. It worked fine for me, using Adobe Reader 8.

I don't usually print out my monthly billings, but I did it this morning, just to see if I would encounter any problems, as you are reporting. It worked fine for me, using Adobe Reader 8.

Good to know it works for someone I guess. Cleared the cache in my browser and tried again. Same error, see image.

Still works with my AT&T phone bill, so doubt it's on my end.

sigmtr

Attachments

• bill-print-error.jpg
    bill-print-error.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 222
Been trying to print mine for nearly a month now. Website keeps saying that my statment is unavailable at this time. Using IE and Adobe Reader 8.1.1. It's worked before so I don't know why some can do it and others can't. One thing that's changed on my end recently is a minor ujpdate to Adobe Reader.

I ran into this myself. I see the problem in my case... their server tells the client that it's going to receive a PDF, but then it sends a html page instead (which says "The copy of your monthly statement is not available at this time."). It did work in the past for me, though. This is on my Mac. For the heck of it, when I feel like grabbing my external drive, I'll try booting up my XP VM and see if the same occurs on there (in both IE and Firefox). If it works in IE, then there's *something* they're doing which breaks compatibility with Safari and Firefox, and wouldn't be unprecedented for Dish Network.
<rant>I really wish companies would start testing their web apps with browsers such as Safari and Firefox (and Opera would be good too).</rant>

I ran into this myself. I see the problem in my case... their server tells the client that it's going to receive a PDF, but then it sends a html page instead (which says "The copy of your monthly statement is not available at this time."). It did work in the past for me, though. This is on my Mac. For the heck of it, when I feel like grabbing my external drive, I'll try booting up my XP VM and see if the same occurs on there (in both IE and Firefox). If it works in IE, then there's *something* they're doing which breaks compatibility with Safari and Firefox, and wouldn't be unprecedented for Dish Network.
<rant>I really wish companies would start testing their web apps with browsers such as Safari and Firefox (and Opera would be good too).</rant>

Using IE won't help, I've tried that also. But at least you know it's an error on their part (statement not available) versus a problem with your reader as it appears to be with Firefox. I've sent an e-mail to customer support saying fix it or switch me back to paper billing. The agreement for paper billing has to work for both parties to be valid, right? And I wholeheartedly agree with your call for better compatibility checking on various browsers.

sigmtr

Last night I was able to open a PDF version of the current bill and save a copy; using XP Home with IE7.

Of course, on my other account, it said not available; but that is because there is no bill whenever there is a zero balance or credit balance.

I am only able to get it to print a statement if I first open the "Recent Activity" page. Then when I go back to "View My Statements" page it will print which ever month I have selected.
If attempt to print by only selecting "Veiw My Bill" and "Would you like to view a copy of your monthly statement? Please Click here". I will receive "The copy of your monthly statement is not available at this time." error page.

After seeing all of this I just gave it a look and all seems to work well for me. I use IE 7 on my XP via AOL 9.1 (the newest version).

I was especially concerned since I just went for the Cinemax for a year for a penny deal. I hope none of you just got into that but now can't even see the total bill breakdown.

If there is anything I like them to improve here is being able to view the date they are going to yank the money out of your account using auto pay. You can only see the words auto pay after you go all the way into the pdf version of the bill.

If there is anything I like them to improve here is being able to view the date they are going to yank the money out of your account using auto pay. You can only see the words auto pay after you go all the way into the pdf version of the bill.
They charge your credit card/bank account on the "Due Date" of your bill.

I guess I said it wrong. On the account summary page it says "auto pay" next to due date. It is only after you go all the way into the pdf version of your bill does it show the date the auto pay will happen.

Yes - if they posted the "due date" on the summary page i would not have to download my bill at all .. all i want to know is how much it is and what date it is coming out of the account .... having to fight with the pdf statement each month is rather annoying ..

Having said that ... i tried the trick posted above by "Hitachi51" and went to "recent activity" first - after this it seemed to work just fine for me ... looks like they have a rogue bit of code linking to the wrong file somewhere along the line and by going to the link via the "recent activity" page it seems to work ok ... at least for me.

:)

I am only able to get it to print a statement if I first open the "Recent Activity" page. Then when I go back to "View My Statements" page it will print which ever month I have selected.
If attempt to print by only selecting "Veiw My Bill" and "Would you like to view a copy of your monthly statement? Please Click here". I will receive "The copy of your monthly statement is not available at this time." error page.

thank you very much. i have been trying to view my bill for two weeks. it's due today and i wasn't going to pay until i got to see my bill. this fix worked great for me on WinXP / IE7 / Adobe Reader 8.1.1

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)