Wednesday (Netflix)

Same here except I binge watched about 5 and finished at 3AM! Seems like a closure. Has this been renewed?
Too soon.

Took them 4 month to renew The Sandman and that was the 2nd most watched series of all time after Stranger Things.

Reactions: TheKrell
I tried to watch it, feels like I am watching a CW type show, gave up on it.

• Sad
Reactions: TheKrell
I did watch all of it and did like it. Lots and lots of nods to the original that was great. The actor selection and acting was fantastic! And filming was well done! I hope it returns but during Halloween.
As far as the Actor selection goes, I thought they were all good choices, except Gomez.
I think they could have found someone closer to the John Astin ... I thought he was the Perfect Gomez.

They were being guided by the original cartoon version of him.
Yep, Tim Burton is a big fan of the original art and that is how he wanted the show to look-
CBBCB28E-3DE9-4470-B4CE-44BAEF7CCE62.png

My thought when Gomez first appeared was “Luis Guzmán is the perfect choice!” Of course, I grew up with the Addams Family cartoons in The New Yorker that I would read at my Grandparents’ house, and Gomez was more gruesome than suave. The following were from the 1940s and were the first two I could find in my New Yorker Album 1925 - 1950 that featured Gomez:
1671384007217.jpeg
D66E9F6A-0321-4978-A6AD-12499DCE8649.jpeg
So, I say Guzmán is the right choice for Gomez Addams.

Last edited:
My 14 yr old and I watched the first 2 episodes last night. We both enjoyed it, although I kept making fun of the Harry Potter-like scenes.

As far as the Actor selection goes, I thought they were all good choices, except Gomez.
I think they could have found someone closer to the John Astin ... I thought he was the Perfect Gomez.
I sort of thought the same thing until I read about Tim Burton's sticking with the original artwork. IMHO, Raul Julia was the best Gomez but alas RIP to a great actor!

Finished it yesterday, good, not great, still felt like a CW show.

I would prefer a show with all of the Addams Family, but more like the movies, not the show, super dated now.

Reactions: Foxbat