Weird audio issue

S

satnewb

SatelliteGuys Pro
Pub Member / Supporter
Mar 9, 2011
New Baltimore, MI
Recently repainted and changed an accent wall in my living room. Speakers and TV are wall mounted and all wiring is in-wall. I installed everything about 5 years ago give or take. Yamaha RX-V673 amplifier and KEF 5.1 surround. Never had any problems.

After I reconnected everything, I'm not getting any sound for about 5 minutes. Essentially it seems like the amp has to "warm up". Starts with no audio, then after a couple minutes it starts to pop and I get intermittent sound with drop outs, and then everything works fine a couple minutes after that. What's odd also is that I used the front surround and center channel on the speaker stands while I had the room torn apart, with no issues, and then reinstalled and this started.

Open to suggestions here. Not life or death but it's annoying.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• IMG_20211223_232627.jpg
    IMG_20211223_232627.jpg
    239.5 KB · Views: 29
Foxbat

Foxbat

Addicted to new HW
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 25, 2003
Michiana
Maybe a wire in the wall was damaged and the amplifier’s safety circuitry is protecting the amp. How easy is it to put an ohmmeter on each speaker wire to check for shorts?

Great picture of your home theater, by the way. Obviously, your dog is comfortable with the remodel… ;)

S

satnewb

SatelliteGuys Pro
Pub Member / Supporter
Mar 9, 2011
New Baltimore, MI
I'll give that a shot, thank you.

And if you look closely at the picture on the bottom left there's a dog snout lol. Zonked out on the sofa next to me.

Reactions: Foxbat