Weird audio "ping" echo on some channels

Status
Please reply by conversation.

savethefamily

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
May 28, 2004
I've been having this weird audio "ping" echo on DirecTV that makes the channels nearly impossible to tolerate. It first occurred several months ago (?6) and then spontaneously disappeared. Now it's back for the last week or so. It seems to happen on most if not all of the SD sat channels, but not the HD or OTA channels. The same program via SD sat is coming through with the weird background noise that is absent on the HD and OTA versions... So I don't THINK it's my audio setup. Nothing wrong with DVD or VCR sound. As a matter of fact if I feed the SD sat through the VCR (and TV speakers)... the sound disappears. HD sounds through the same 5 speakers and receiver doesn't have this problem.

Has anyone got any information on this? It's horribly annoying.

My setup:
TV: Sony KV-40XBR800
Speakers: Infinity 5.1 TSS-450CHR
Audio Receiver: Sony STR-DE595
HD DTV Receiver: Samsung 360
S-VHS: JVC HR-S5901U
DVD: Sony DVP-NC675P
Surge/Filter: Monster Powerbar 1100

savethefamily

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
May 28, 2004
I guess I should also mention that I have another TV with a RCA DRD430RGA receiver on a Sony KV-32XBR450 that doesn't have any sound difficulties, but utilizes the TV speakers.

The problem is one that only exists through the 5 channel speakers via satellite feed. When I use the same 5 channel speakers and receiver through OTA channels - no audio ping-sounding feedback (that's why I think it's the satellite feed rather than my setup, but I could be wrong).

Thanks again in advance.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)