Weird Guide Issue

CopyChief

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Feb 21, 2005
Last week, I noticed a strange glitch in the Dish program guide, and I'm wondering if there's any way around it.

I was trying to record "The Wiggles" for my son on the Disney Channel. (No comments, please!) I don't remember the exact times, but say it comes on at 8 a.m. The show only runs for 25 minutes or so, and then there's another short show on after it. The only program that shows in the guide is the five-minute show. If you look at the start and end times in the guide, there's a 25 minute hole.

If I tune to the Disney Channel and "Browse" (the right-hand arrow on the remote) the show does appear, but if I select it to record it, once again, only records the five-minute show.

If I use DishPass and search for "The Wiggles" it finds the show, but if I select one to record... once again, it only records the five-minute entry.

The only way I found was to create a manual timer. It worked, of course, but is there a way around this glitch?

Thanks for any insight.

Sounds like a glitch in the guide data. You can try setting it to record the 5 min show and set the timer option to start recording 25 min early.

Hmmm...

I double-checked the 522 comprehensive bug/feature wish list, and sure enough, this situation is addressed here (sorry lost the link): If there is more than one program in a half-hour block, only the last one is listed. Ah well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)