Weird HR20-700 issue

Status
Please reply by conversation.

StraightEdge

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 2, 2007
2 to 3 times per week I'll come home and my receiver is turned on. I leave it on standby when I go to work so I know that no one turns it on. Does anyone here have this issue as well or any possible reasons as to why this is happening? Other than that, everything else with the receiver is fine.

2 to 3 times per week I'll come home and my receiver is turned on. I leave it on standby when I go to work so I know that no one turns it on. Does anyone here have this issue as well or any possible reasons as to why this is happening? Other than that, everything else with the receiver is fine.

Just curious, are you doing the CE's ?
I think there was an issue with reboots reciently, but I don't know about turning on on it's own.
To answer your question, NO mine has not had any problems with automatically turning on.

Jimbo

First check your fridge to see if you are missing any food. Then leave a note for your neighbor kid to turn off the receiver when done.
Second, do you have the unit plugged into a surge protector? if so, try a different one. The surge protectors go bad causing disruptions to the equipment plugged into them and causing continuous resets. (You did not mention if you had more than one receiver and if it was happening to all of them.) If you don't have a surge protector plugged in, find something like an old digital clock with no battery back up that will reset back to the flashing 12:00 when power is lost and plug it into the same circuit to see if you are experiencing power disruptions on that electrical circuit. At least this will help determine if it is power supply to the circuit or your unit being an internal problem.

DirecTV wants you to watch more TV :D

Seriously though, I have no idea what could cause that except if someone else had your same RF remote frequency, with is VERY unlikely - chances about 1 in a million.

anyone, having temporary loss of audio and video on their hr20's since the last national release..........i understand there was some sort of glitch in the last software that is suppose to be corrected this week. this is what i was told saturday by a supervisor during a service call at my house.

maybe, your problem is related?

anyone, having temporary loss of audio and video on their hr20's since the last national release..........i understand there was some sort of glitch in the last software that is suppose to be corrected this week. this is what i was told saturday by a supervisor during a service call at my house.

maybe, your problem is related?

My HR20-100 lost video and audio on some MPEG4s yesterday, and had audio-only on others. There were a couple of power line glitches earlier in the day. A reboot solved the problem.

I had forgotten there was a new NR and so I don't know if I have it or not.

I do know, this problem has affected this receiver on other NRs, but it only happens occasionally.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)