Blacked out from the entire NBA?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jhferry

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 8, 2006
Weird, just signed got installed today.

I get all NY channels living in the NY media market even though I live in PA ( I am on the border of NY/NJ)

Anyway, I get all the RSN's but when the Nets/Knicks came on I was blacked out.

This is what I get on the D* site:

The 18337 ZIP Code is in the home team territory for the following pro teams. With HD Access select channels and teams available in HD are noted below:

With any DIRECTV base package (CHOICE or above):

Madison Square Garden (Ch. 621)
# New York Knicks (HD Available)
# New York Liberty
# New York Rangers (HD Available)
# New York Red Bulls

Yankee Ent. & Sports (YES) (Ch. 622) - HD Available
# New Jersey Nets (HD Available)
# New York Yankees (HD Available)

FSN New York (Ch. 624)
# New York Rangers (HD Available)
# New York Red Bulls
# New York Red Bulls

SportsNet New York (Ch. 625) - HD Available
# New York Mets (HD Available)

With the Premier package or any DIRECTV base package plus SPORTS Pack, you also get:

FSN Pittsburgh (Ch. 628)
# Pittsburgh Penguins (HD Available)

Funny part is I am blacked out from the 76's as well so I have no NBA team.

It will all be based on carriage agreements (not always held by one programmer) and who has the rights of the games in you area based on each specific game. It may not be exactly the same each and every night, or home vs. away.

With any RSN outside of your own during home games, you will not get additional games; that is what league packages are for.

What specific game are you referring to last night? Maybe we can determine, but blackouts (which are created and imposed by each league) are very had to figure out, especially in those areas with numerous programmers, cable owned entities and even multi-teams.

Knicks/Nets/Sixers

Bascially, Im not getting any NBA. I dont get the RSN for the sixers so I wont get them. Nets/Knicks are both blacked out.

I see you listed the teams, but what game(s) exactly; date and such, like I said it is a complicate issue to say the least.

The best bet is to post right as a game is about to start that you have a question about and it will give time to reasearch at the correct time, not after the fact.

Normally for the sports channels to come in with everything it takes about 24 hours before the zip code information is updated on your receivers. I have seen this happen before.

Sounds like it is one of those things that happens when a team doesn't get to a set number of ticket sales and they are blacked out of their region. Happens now and again with the NFL as well. If a team doesn't sell something like 90% of all available tickets for the NFL or something like that, then they can not show the game in that teams home area.

So if you are trying to get the game from one of the Regional Sports Networks it will be blacked out in your area if the home teams for that area does not reach a set amount of ticket sales for that game or if the programmer does not have rights to that game in that region because another network or possibly a local affiliate in that region has the rights to that game. Last year there was a Falcons game that was not broadcast in Atlanta because of poor ticket sales and now and again we would see the Hawks on the local CW channel but also listed on one of the RSNs but the RSN did not show it because it was blacked out in the Atlanta region but not the rest of the Southeast. Only time this would not affect you is if you have the NBA Full Court pay per view package and access the game that way I would think.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts