Weird Intermittent HR24 issue on playback of recording

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Ozma

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
May 6, 2009
San Jose
Have four HR24's. All are new as of October 6th. They work great except for one anomaly.

If I record a local (channel 2-1, Oakland) and then fast forward through the recording (at greater than 1X sped) the image will split. The bottom part of the frame will freeze and the top part will move. About 70% of the frame (the bottom part) is frozen. This only happens when recording this channel and has only happened twice. I cannot reproduce the problem. Signal strength is 95. Great picture.

I'm concerned that I might have a HR24 that is starting to fail. If that's the case want to replace it within the 90 day warranty period (new one, not a refurb).

However, I'm not convinced that this is hardware.

Anyone ever seen anything like this?

Things I need to know.

1. Do ALL receivers experience this problem?
2. Does this problem only happen on that one specific channel?

If it's just one receiver, and only that channel, that sure is strange. If one receiver is doing it, but ONLY when recording, then the receiver most likely needs replaced. Doing it while live would indicate a potential for the dish and wiring to have an issue.

Have four HR24's. All are new as of October 6th. They work great except for one anomaly.

If I record a local (channel 2-1, Oakland) and then fast forward through the recording (at greater than 1X sped) the image will split. The bottom part of the frame will freeze and the top part will move. About 70% of the frame (the bottom part) is frozen. This only happens when recording this channel and has only happened twice. I cannot reproduce the problem. Signal strength is 95. Great picture.

I'm concerned that I might have a HR24 that is starting to fail. If that's the case want to replace it within the 90 day warranty period (new one, not a refurb).

However, I'm not convinced that this is hardware.

Anyone ever seen anything like this?

Before you jump the gun and say it's a BAD unit ...
Try doing the typical things to see if it will solve the issue, many time it will.

Run a Reboot.
Menu/Settings/Settings/Reset/ReStart Recvr/dash.

This will take about 5-7 minutes and resets your recvr, kinda like shutting your computer down correctly with the Start/ShutDown button vs the Red Button Reset (behind the access door) this would be the same as shutting your computer off with the button on it.

Hi All
I got the same problem and it happens only on AM21/OTA. Its a random recording problem and resetting the system will not help.

SSTV

How often does the failure occur? Is it on more than one DVR or one OTA channel? Can you force the failure to happen? Have you contacted support? How long did you have your equipment before noticing the problem?

I have now seen the problem on two HR24/AM21 units. Same channel involved (weird, Oakland 2-1).

I hope this isn't some AM21 design defect that's unrepairable.

Hi All
I got the same problem and it happens only on AM21/OTA. Its a random recording problem and resetting the system will not help.

SSTV

Hi Ozma
This failure is very random, maybe a few times a week. I have only one DVR which is a HR24 and the problem has happened on random channels but most often on Fox. I have a unrelated problem with the local PBS station. I can not record 13.1 with out the "keep/delete" and "trick play" problem but 13.2 works fine. Locals off the SAT never have these problems.
The AM21 has problems as noted on other sites. There is very little help available from DTV.

SSTV

Hi SSTV,

Thanks for the info. I looked around other forums and found much more discussion of this problem.

The OTA channel that has failed is a FOX channel.

I wonder if DTV is even looking at this problem?

Hi Ozma
This failure is very random, maybe a few times a week. I have only one DVR which is a HR24 and the problem has happened on random channels but most often on Fox. I have a unrelated problem with the local PBS station. I can not record 13.1 with out the "keep/delete" and "trick play" problem but 13.2 works fine. Locals off the SAT never have these problems.
The AM21 has problems as noted on other sites. There is very little help available from DTV.

SSTV

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts