Weird loss of signal problem. Help!

old corps

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jan 13, 2005
Mid-Michigan
This afternoon I experienced a very frustrating problem with my 622 that I've never had before. While attempting to watch a recording, 1st from my EHD and then from the box itself I'd get the "loss of signal" window. Hitting any button on the remote would get rid of the message and continue playing the recording--until it happened again (and again!). The message would be from whatever sat/tp that was in use before the recording began. Every tp/sat that I checked always had very good s.s. and I tried leaving the tuner on different channels--still had the problem continue to occur from various tps/sats. I do have an OTA antenna connected and checked all the channels several times. They showed great #'s as well. The receiver was in single mode. I've left the TV on for hours and haven't had this happen while the receiver is showing live programming. :confused::rant:
Any suggestions appreciated. Thanks!

Ed

For the experts:
Could a momentary LOS from OTA cause this to happen even though the receiver hadn't been tuned to an OTA channel and I was trying to view a recording? It WAS windy today and I suppose the OTA signal could have been lost for a second or so. I've seen this happen before when we had high winds and I was viewing OTA.

Last edited:
yes

This afternoon I experienced a very frustrating problem with my 622 that I've never had before. While attempting to watch a recording, 1st from my EHD and then from the box itself I'd get the "loss of signal" window. Hitting any button on the remote would get rid of the message and continue playing the recording--until it happened again (and again!). The message would be from whatever sat/tp that was in use before the recording began. Every tp/sat that I checked always had very good s.s. and I tried leaving the tuner on different channels--still had the problem continue to occur from various tps/sats. I do have an OTA antenna connected and checked all the channels several times. They showed great #'s as well. The receiver was in single mode. I've left the TV on for hours and haven't had this happen while the receiver is showing live programming. :confused::rant:
Any suggestions appreciated. Thanks!

Ed

For the experts:
Could a momentary LOS from OTA cause this to happen even though the receiver hadn't been tuned to an OTA channel and I was trying to view a recording? It WAS windy today and I suppose the OTA signal could have been lost for a second or so. I've seen this happen before when we had high winds and I was viewing OTA.

yes to the last part.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)