weird problem pausing recordings on EHD

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Jim S.

When someone asks you if you're a god, you say yes
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Jan 2, 2006
FN11od
Whenever I pause a recording that I'm playing from my EHD, an icon of a red ball with a slash through it comes up on the screen momentarily. If I try to resume watching by pressing the pause key again, I get the icon again. If I try pressing the play key, nothing whatsoever happens. The only way I can resume is by pressing the stop key, which brings up a dialog which says that I can either press the play key to resume, or select from stop, delete, or dvr list. What the heck is going on?

So is this a new issue? I don't remember anyone mentioning it when I was waiting for the bugs to be fixed before I got my Hopper.

This looks like an equipment specific issue. I just looked at a movie and a series show on my EHD and the playback was just like it is from the internal drive. The only thing I saw was a popup that showed up saying "Preparing your drive for playback" or something like that the first time I hit the start on the EHD. Hitting Pause stopped the playback and displayed the time bar at the bottom of the screen. Hitting Pause again restarted playback.

I have a 1TB WD My Book Essential AV drive. The Hopper has S401.

I have seen this on my HWS too, over a few software versions now. Very annoying. My external drive is a WD 2GB connected directly to the rear USB port.

Sounds like it, but how do we get Dish to fix it?

My HD is a WD Elements 2TB. I get the "preparing your device for use" popup most of the time too. I'm curious as to what's up with that. I don't know whether the drive is going to sleep or not because it didn't come with any substantial documentation. The light blinks every few seconds while its connected to the Hopper whether it's being accessed or not, but due to the lack of documentation I don't know what that means.

Sounds like it, but how do we get Dish to fix it?

My HD is a WD Elements 2TB. I get the "preparing your device for use" popup most of the time too. I'm curious as to what's up with that. I don't know whether the drive is going to sleep or not because it didn't come with any substantial documentation. The light blinks every few seconds while its connected to the Hopper whether it's being accessed or not, but due to the lack of documentation I don't know what that means.

Jim that's interesting possible your EHD is acting up as well? I only say that because I never get that "preparing your drive message" and my ehd light remains on solid except for the moment I access it and occasionally during playback. The only problem I'm having is playback on ehd and its only when I pause I cant resume play unless I hit ff or rew. I can ff,rew, stop, play without a problem the only issue I'm having is pause

I always get the preparing your device message when starting to play something on the EHD. After that no problems pausing and then resuming playback. FWIW I have the original Hopper.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)