Weird problem with my 522

Cope

Feb 5, 2005
:confused: I've had this thing along with the 811, and haven't really had any issues with it, until today.

I'm doing the UHF remote thing in my son's room so he can watch tv :confused. Today I'd turn it to a channel, and it would automatically change channels without any of the remotes being touched. This went on for about half an hour.

Yesterday I remember seeing a Dish truck outside my neighbors house, and it dawned on me that maybe they were inadvertinly changing our channels as they changed theirs.

Once I called Dish and changed the UHF channel on the receiver, it was fixed. Just thought it was a little odd, and I've never read about this happening on this board. :confused:

The exact same thing happened to me. I knew a neighbor (about 250 feet away) has Dish Network so I guessed it was dueling UHF signals. I changed the remote's channel and it never happened again.
It was kinda funny. I'm pretty sure my signals were being received by their set. A recorded program I was watching on my set mysterioulsy stopped and began rewinding. I stopped that and fast forwarded and played. Then it would stop and rewind by itself again....

Happens a lot. More often then you think as more and more people get the service.

In fact, DISH has added more remote address numbers and future dual-tuner UHF-Pro receivers will come with the TV2 address pre-randomized.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts