Weird PS2 problem with 811

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Chef Boyardi

Original poster
Feb 17, 2005
Well, I have an 811. My PS2 goes through it. PS2 games play fine, but PS1 games have no video! And yes, my PS2 plays PS1 games perfectly fine! I plugged it into another TV to check. There is sound but no picture. And if I change the channel, then change it back, there sometimes is a black and white or badly distorted image of what the game was doing.

I hear that sometimes the thing updates if you leave it off overnight, or something like that. But it used to work just fine, until someone rewired it because we bought a shelf thing that holds all the stuff.

I don't want to buy HDTV cords for my PS2, I've tried going through the amp, tried going through the VCR, but they still have to go through the 811.

That is a strange problem, since the hardware is the same. Unless the PS1 used a different video chip, and rather than emulate it on the PS2, it switches to that chip when playing PS1 games?

On a sort of related note, my DVD player goes through a separate UHF modulator and at my house there is one TV that can't hardly sync up with the video signal. It's unwatchable on that TV. I'm not sure if it's MacroVision or some other scheme, but I do know all the other TVs are fine on the DVD channel. And it doesn't seem to be an anomaly in the TV's tuner either, because I switched my DVD and VCR channels, and the TV showed the same channel fine with the VCR signal on it, but the "new" DVD channel had the same problem.

And welcome to SatelliteGuys.US, Chef Boyardi! :)
Mmm. ravioli.

Welcome to SatelliteGuys!

The video inputs on the 811 are not very good. On one of my 811 I have a vcr connected and you can watch video fine but the menu from the vcr will not show. So when using the inputs on the 811 expect problems.

Chef Boyardi said:
Well, I have an 811. My PS2 goes through it. PS2 games play fine, but PS1 games have no video! And yes, my PS2 plays PS1 games perfectly fine! I plugged it into another TV to check. There is sound but no picture. And if I change the channel, then change it back, there sometimes is a black and white or badly distorted image of what the game was doing.

I hear that sometimes the thing updates if you leave it off overnight, or something like that. But it used to work just fine, until someone rewired it because we bought a shelf thing that holds all the stuff.

I don't want to buy HDTV cords for my PS2, I've tried going through the amp, tried going through the VCR, but they still have to go through the 811.

Your tv doesn't have enough connections to hookup the PS2 directly? I'd buy the HD/composite cables anways. Graphics look marginally crisper, especially on a big tv.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts