weird signal problem

laminarflow

Original poster
Feb 16, 2009
nyc
On calm, windless days, I get strong signals from 61.5, 110 and 119 satellites. On windy days, 61.5 and 110 are good, but 119 is extremely erratic, at times losing the signal altogether. What I can't figure out, is that 110 and 119 are on the same dish. If the dish is loose, shouldn't it affect both 110 and 119? Is their something I can do to rectify this? If I put in a service call, I would be charged $29. Any comments or ideas would be appreciated.

Could there be something moving in front of the 119 lnb but not 110? High winds caused a wire connected to neighbor's house to move over my dish and effect the signals on only a couple of transponders last week. And it is fairly windy again in our region.

Try this?

I had this same issue but on 129. I found somewhere else that one of the *other* channels used in SWAP mode was an OTA channel and was interrupting shows I was watching on the same clear day as you. So.......press the SWAP button, change the channel and then SWAP back. Worked for me!! Hope this helps. Note this might come back if you are recording an OTA channel.

update

I called Dish, and they will send a technician to check out the installation. I got the $29 fee waived. I will post a follow-up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts