weird transponder situation question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

eewizard

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 24, 2005
Beaumont, TX
i've got my dish set back up and tracking the arc again...but now i have a weird transponder thing happening....

i can get bot odd and even transponders on the free feeds....but on the sub channels i can only get the odd transponders...the even transponder sub channels i was able to get before no longer come in....

could the polarity servo be bad? i'm not sure if it could be bad cause i can still get the even transponder free feeds....

thx....Darrell

What do you mean sub channels? Channels that you have subcribed to? Analog or digital?

by sub channels i mean the channels that show just a black screen with a signal level and after a few seconds show a message telling you to call your subscriber to subscribe. i haven't subscribed yet because i want to make sure my dish is aligned correctly 1st...

there are alot of them that were there less then a week ago and after my dish alignment got all screwed up now the even "sub type" channels are all just showing "blank" and the odd ones are still there.

thanks..Darrell

Check your servo motor. Some of the analog channels have a strong enough signal that it will "bleed over". For example i can pick up PBS (T6) on channel (transponder) 8 and 9, which have opposite polarities.

think i found my problem...i started hearing some weird wining noises coming from the area of the servo motor so i took it back off to check it and found that the small black plastic insert between the actual servo motor and the round plastic piece holding the feedhorn antenna was broken in 2 pieces...

does anyone know where i can purchase a replacement black plastic piece for this so i can get it working again? i'm going to try to super glue them together for now and hope it works and holds for alittle while but would like to replace it with a new one anyway if possible...

thanks...Darrell

instead of superglue use a two part epoxy, it will hold up better. I dont know if you can find the piece seperately, but servos arent that expensive.

i have a few servo motors here that were given to me new and unused...but none of them had the round black plastic piece with them....does a new servo motor include that piece? the reason i want to make sure it comes with it is because i have 4 new servo motors already and even though i don't mind spending a few bucks on another one if it includes the piece i need i don't want to order another 1 if it is not included....

thanks...Darrell

ps...i now know for a fact that that was my problem cause after it was "repaired" the channels came right back in with no problems.... :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)