WELCOME BACK BillD1984 !!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am planning a trip that same weekend June 19-21 to see at least one of the games.If we are both successful maybe we can meet for a cold one.

BillD1984, how the hell are you?!!! Welcome back, my friend. Nice of you to come back for the baseball season. As a Mets fan, the story is about getting bullpen help which they did but now the rumors getting Manny.

Let me ask you Bill: Would you take Manny Ramirez if your Omar knowing that you'll get a ton of merchandise, media attention, and 50,000 a night and the fans would love him. Would you do that considering the fans are the ones you need to worry about and it's the difference of having 30,000 than having 48 to 50,000 with him?

OR

Are you like me and I don't know if you read it but I posted something a while back saying that even if you get Manny how do I know if we need him in a big spot, he won't do like he did in Boston and screw us over.

And, inevitably, going.

Likely so, but we have enough pitching depth in the system that we can afford them eventually leaving.

The A's do things the right way.... they build their team from within and via smart trades.

I wish more teams followed The A's model instead of throwing money around like it's nothing.

I am new to this site but I can't begin to explain how happy I am to have found a place where people have a passion for baseball. I am 62 years old and definitely from the old school and BASEBALL RULES. Please don't give me too much sh*t,but I am ready for the first championship in 101 years by my beloved CUBBIES. PLAY BALL !!!!!

Welcome, sir! :)You have found THE place to share your baseball knowledge and passion with the rest of us. Don't worry...certain folks here may bitch about the Cubs, but it's nothing personal. As you said so eloquently...BASEBALL RULES!

I am new to this site but I can't begin to explain how happy I am to have found a place where people have a passion for baseball. I am 62 years old and definitely from the old school and BASEBALL RULES. Please don't give me too much sh*t,but I am ready for the first championship in 101 years by my beloved CUBBIES. PLAY BALL !!!!!

Welcome!!! :)

You came to the right forum!! :up

BillD1984, how the hell are you?!!! Welcome back, my friend. Nice of you to come back for the baseball season. As a Mets fan, the story is about getting bullpen help which they did but now the rumors getting Manny.

Let me ask you Bill: Would you take Manny Ramirez if your Omar knowing that you'll get a ton of merchandise, media attention, and 50,000 a night and the fans would love him. Would you do that considering the fans are the ones you need to worry about and it's the difference of having 30,000 than having 48 to 50,000 with him?

OR

Are you like me and I don't know if you read it but I posted something a while back saying that even if you get Manny how do I know if we need him in a big spot, he won't do like he did in Boston and screw us over.

Hey buddy :)

As far as Manny goes, I think Salsa said it best.
IF you can sign him to a one year deal......GO FOR IT!!!

He's still a very dangerous hitter, AND the mets would have the upper hand because Me-Me would be playing for a 2010 and beyond contract!

As far as Manny goes, I think Salsa said it best.
IF you can sign him to a one year deal......GO FOR IT!!!

He's still a very dangerous hitter, AND the mets would have the upper hand because Me-Me would be playing for a 2010 and beyond contract!

I remember when you used to get really mad when discussing Manny.

Surprised to not see you exploding.

Likely so, but we have enough pitching depth in the system that we can afford them eventually leaving.

The A's do things the right way.... they build their team from within and via smart trades.

I wish more teams followed The A's model instead of throwing money around like it's nothing.

The problem there is that Beane has a fire sale as soon as he has to pay them, which timeline-wise is just short of a WS championship. You guys have some great scouting. Might be nice to win a few championships, though.

Welcome my friend.

And I agree, this forum has assembled a great collection of minds to discuss the various topics we all love.

PS: Go Tribe! (I'm going to try and make arrangements to see my Indians at Wrigley Field when they play the Cubbies in June. Should be a good summer road trip.)

HD, those tix are going to be very hard to come by. The Cubs have deemed this a platinum series, a new pricing category, only 9 games of this all year. Cubs fans want this series to pay their respects to Wood & DeRosa. Be prepared to pay mega bucks to get in that weekend.

Just wait till he has his mid season slump he has every year. Don't get me wrong, I wish he was still a Pirate, but he does have is drawbacks.

He went through a slump with the Sox after getting off to a hot start. But then he turned it up a notch in the postseason.

Besides, Jay Bay was a breath of fresh air after dealing with that fraud the last couple of seasons.

HD, those tix are going to be very hard to come by. The Cubs have deemed this a platinum series, a new pricing category, only 9 games of this all year. Cubs fans want this series to pay their respects to Wood & DeRosa. Be prepared to pay mega bucks to get in that weekend.

Single game tickets go on sale February 20th. It'll be interesting to see how much these will go for.

Welcome, sir! :)You have found THE place to share your baseball knowledge and passion with the rest of us. Don't worry...certain folks here may bitch about the Cubs, but it's nothing personal. As you said so eloquently...BASEBALL RULES!

:welcomeAgreed! Welcome to another Cub fan. Accept this welcome gift and feel free to use it as your avatar...

Choke+Cubs_02.jpg

Great to see you back Bill. Can't wait to get your insight on an exciting college b-ball season.

Thanks, Anders!

Christmas morning, I mean March Madness is right around the corner. :D

I for one, can't wait!!! :up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)