Welcome home Roy Williams

i dont think the picks are a big deal. you are not going to draft a wr that is as good as williams next year. the only thing they need are db's and you can get those anytime. everything will be ok. i think jerry is getting ready to replace TO because he is getting up there in football age. plus TO has been getting owned by DB's the last few weeks. he can't get off blocks and they are draped all over him like a blanket.

absolutely! He may be a rental and Detroits' NEW GM...who ever that is....made a VERY shrewed move....3 picks! Almost like a Herschel Walker lite type move....

Not a rental, Dallas signed him to a fat 5 yr. extension. Detroit actually got more for Williams now then what Dallas offered last spring. The interim GM's name is Mayhew, he was Millen's whipping boy. But if this guy has got anymore moves like this, he's got my vote for the job. Now let's see how they screw up the draft picks they got out of this....I have additional comments in the NFL thread.

LIONS IN THE SUPER BOWL IN (fill in your guess here)!!!

Not a rental, Dallas signed him to a fat 5 yr. extension. Detroit actually got more for Williams now then what Dallas offered last spring. The interim GM's name is Mayhew, he was Millen's whipping boy. But if this guy has got anymore moves like this, he's got my vote for the job. Now let's see how they screw up the draft picks they got out of this....I have additional comments in the NFL thread.

LIONS IN THE SUPER BOWL IN (fill in your guess here)!!!

Lions went with a guy that had been in the orginization already, this guy is just a stand in, until they find who they want and at that point they will also find a new coach, and it will all start over AGAIN.

LIONS IN THE SUPER BOWL IN : '2056

Jimbo

IF the cowboys ol can stop imploding then the roy williams acquistion will be well worth it. otherwise, tony romo or even brad johnson, for that matter, will have very little chance of even completing a pass.

So how many of you's are crying for the Cowboys today?:rolleyes: Nice to see the Lions come out ahead for a change.

Paul.....there are a few teams you will NEVER, EVER see me cry for....the Cowboys are DEFINATELY one of those teams that I will NOT get any tear from me. ;)

....BUT, I still think they gave up too much for a guy that after ALL the hype out of college 4 or 5 years ago, he has only ONE season with more than 850 yards and only ONE season that he has played atleast 16 games. Now don't get me wrong, he a good player....but to give 3 draft picks....INCLUDING a #1...he better be in the Reggie Wayne, Andre Johnson, T.O. or Randy Moss.

..and those guys he ain't....

Paul.....there are a few teams you will NEVER, EVER see me cry for....the Cowboys are DEFINATELY one of those teams that I will NOT get any tear from me. ;)

....BUT, I still think they gave up too much for a guy that after ALL the hype out of college 4 or 5 years ago, he has only ONE season with more than 850 yards and only ONE season that he has played atleast 16 games. Now don't get me wrong, he a good player....but to give 3 draft picks....INCLUDING a #1...he better be in the Reggie Wayne, Andre Johnson, T.O. or Randy Moss.

I understand you statement Salsa, but, you have to consider who he's had throwing the ball to him and the O line (or lack there of) that has protected the QB to give him time to throw the ball.

Jimbo

I understand you statement Salsa, but, you have to consider who he's had throwing the ball to him and the O line (or lack there of) that has protected the QB to give him time to throw the ball.

Jimbo

I get what your saying....but I STILL think he is not worth THAT many picks. There is NOTHING in his resume nor the teams resume(because of how supposedly bad they were....I would have run over a few old ladies for my Raiders to have a 7-9 season) that would say.."damn, I think he is definately worth 3 picks INCLUDING a #1...."

No WR is worth what Dallas gave up. No put your brain around these numbers -
$40-45M, $20M guaranteed. Those are the rumored numbers involved in Roy Williams contract extension with the Cowboys! Jones has lost his mind and the Lions are the grateful benefactors. Still a talented receiver. Like I said, check my comments in the NFL thread.

Personally, I think both sides got a good deal out of this trade. Williams is a 1st round talent, who already bypassed the growing pains of a typical WR's first few years in the NFL. Plus, the Cowboys had two 3rd round picks this year, so they still had another pick in that round to fall back on.

Think about it. WR's don't usually come into the league and contribute right away as a rookie. Roy Williams is a proven play maker and is only 26 years old. Terrell Owens is 34. Jerry Jones wants to ensure that his team is exciting and competitive now and in the near future when they move into their new state-of-the-art stadium.

With that said, there is absolutely no reason why this offense can't overcome their playoff woes now. If all these offensive weapons stay healthy, there should be no excuse. On paper anyways, this has to be one of the scariest offenses EVER assembled!....

QB: Tony Romo - hurt
RB: Marion Barber
RB: Felix Jones - hurt
WR: Terrell Owens - getting old
WR: Roy Williams - good pick up
TE: Jason Witten

not to scary for the next 4 weeks.

Isn't Williams out for the season now?

Wow, Jones REALLY angered he football gods by buying NFC Championship tix for his players a week early last year..... (Which helped prompt my Giants to beat them at home)

Isn't Williams out for the season now?

Wow, Jones REALLY angered he football gods by buying NFC Championship tix for his players a week early last year..... (Which helped prompt my Giants to beat them at home)
The ORIGINAL Roy Williams (Safety) has a broken arm (again) and is out for the season.

oops. My bad..... Just saw it on the ESPN crawl and assumed it was the other guy.....

I'm sure Burress won't mind seeing him gone in a few weeks though....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)