Welcome Pack - includes local HD?

sv777

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Nov 22, 2015
USA
For some reason I am not getting all my local channels in HD, I only get very few channels in HD. My receiver is 722k. Is there anything I can do in settings to try to get HD channels?

I read here that Dish was having satellite problems and moved channels around. You might try doing a switch test and get it to re-download the guide...

Hi- Can you tell me how to do a switch test and to re-download the guide?

My situation is that we had a SD receiver replaced with HD receiver (722k). The picture was much better than before but when checking the program guide I noticed that only a handful of channels had the HD logo but majority of the channels did not. Also during the swap the installer only changed out the receiver and programmed it — he did not adjust the satellite position. Does this sound right? Shouldn’t I get HD with the welcome pack?

My situation is that we had a SD receiver replaced with HD receiver (722k). The picture was much better than before but when checking the program guide I noticed that only a handful of channels had the HD logo but majority of the channels did not. Also during the swap the installer only changed out the receiver and programmed it — he did not adjust the satellite position. Does this sound right? Shouldn’t I get HD with the welcome pack?
There isn’t a different satellite position for HD channels, usually. You haven’t told us enough about your particular circumstance except that you upgraded an SD receiver to a 722. It would help to know which arc you are on and which dish you have. You can get this information from doing the check switch.

Reactions: TheKrell

It sounds like you have a Dish 500 which was fine for SD but for HD you need a Dish 1000.2, which the installer should have upgraded you to. If you still have a Dish 500 you should call Dish and tell them you need your dish upgraded.

It sounds like you have a Dish 500 which was fine for SD but for HD you need a Dish 1000.2, which the installer should have upgraded you to. If you still have a Dish 500 you should call Dish and tell them you need your dish upgraded.

Hi, the dish satellite I have says ‘Dish HD’, I get some HD channels but I don’t get HD locals like CBS, FOX, NBC , etc. I will post result of check switch when I get a chance.

Check switch result screenshots

Dropbox - Kny - Simplify your life

So you have an international dish that gets 110, 119 and 118. In order to get the HD channels you need to get 129. If you still subscribe to international channels you will need a Dish 1000+. If you don't still sub to international channels then you will need a western arc Dish 1000.2. You'll also need to have a line of sight view to the 129 satellite which is lower and to the right of the others.

This s all if your HD locals are on the 129 satellite. If they're on the eastern arc then this will be a completely different story. :)

So you have an international dish that gets 110, 119 and 118. In order to get the HD channels you need to get 129. If you still subscribe to international channels you will need a Dish 1000+. If you don't still sub to international channels then you will need a western arc Dish 1000.2. You'll also need to have a line of sight view to the 129 satellite which is lower and to the right of the others.

This s all if your HD locals are on the 129 satellite. If they're on the eastern arc then this will be a completely different story. :)

Yes I am subscribed to welcome package + an international package. So do I need to get a dish 1000+? I am located in Charlotte NC .

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)