Welcome Pack Question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

mcasdorph

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Mar 28, 2012
WV, USA
I tried to send Dish a message last night on Facebook and they still haven't replied. I remembered this forum had Dish support members back a few years ago when I came on the site more and was hoping someone could give me some answers.

Ok, 3 years ago I had a medical emergency that required me to be hospitalized for a few days while they ran tests to find out what was going on. When I was released I ended up staying with a relative for what ended up being almost 3 years to the date. I kept up payments but downgraded my package to save money but not break contract. Long story short I found out about the pause feature and paused it for 9 months I think it was. At the end of that 9 months I extended the pause again for 9 more months I believe and then was told I had to call to pause it because they "no longer do it online" bulls*it. Well I decided to just pay it and hope to go back home. Anyway, things didn't end up going as planned so I been paying $66~ for many months and finally come back to realize that there are no active channels on my package yet they are charging me for the welcome package. I'm assuming it's been this way since I unfroze it but was never here to notice. So I been online trying to find the welcome pack channel list to see what I should be getting and also need to know if the welcome pack requires sats 61.5 and 72w which I vaguely recall them saying.

And it also looks like Dish owes me some money for me paying for service they weren't providing me, regardless if I was there to watch it or not, it was being paid for

I tried to send Dish a message last night on Facebook and they still haven't replied. I remembered this forum had Dish support members back a few years ago when I came on the site more and was hoping someone could give me some answers.

Ok, 3 years ago I had a medical emergency that required me to be hospitalized for a few days while they ran tests to find out what was going on. When I was released I ended up staying with a relative for what ended up being almost 3 years to the date. I kept up payments but downgraded my package to save money but not break contract. Long story short I found out about the pause feature and paused it for 9 months I think it was. At the end of that 9 months I extended the pause again for 9 more months I believe and then was told I had to call to pause it because they "no longer do it online" bulls*it. Well I decided to just pay it and hope to go back home. Anyway, things didn't end up going as planned so I been paying $66~ for many months and finally come back to realize that there are no active channels on my package yet they are charging me for the welcome package. I'm assuming it's been this way since I unfroze it but was never here to notice. So I been online trying to find the welcome pack channel list to see what I should be getting and also need to know if the welcome pack requires sats 61.5 and 72w which I vaguely recall them saying.

And it also looks like Dish owes me some money for me paying for service they weren't providing me, regardless if I was there to watch it or not, it was being paid for
Also likely is that your Receiver has missed upgrades and just need to be updated with a hit sent from Dish to refresh your programming

Normally, I might agree with you. However, they had no way of knowing you weren't there. If you had tried to watch TV during that time, you would have seen that you had no channels and called them. They would have sent an activation hit to your receiver and you would have then had channels to watch.

In other words, they were providing the service, you just weren't there to receive it. Not really their fault. It sounds like you're holding them responsible for a bad decision you made.

I tried to force an update. It's been hooked up with power since yesterday and should have checked for updates last night anyway. I changed the time and got it to check and I can't tell anything different. Idk what the current version for the VIP722? It's showing L917, is that current?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)