Welcome Package With BB Movie Pass can't see HD channels included with BB Movie Pass

lostinthemusiq

Original poster
Dec 12, 2011
Atlanta
I currently have the Welcome package with the BB Movie Pass added I am using a 322 SD receiver which allows me to connect 2 Tv's. I am unable to watch the HD channels from the Movie Pass because I don't have a HD receiver if I purchase a HD receiver and kept my same setup will I be able to see the HD channels that come with the Movie Pass and will there be a additional charge? Can anyone make recommendations I want to keep my welcome package. Thanks in advance:confused:

If you upgraded to HD and had a dish capable of HD (exaxmple a D1000.2) then yes you would be able to see those.
no extra fees

not thqat I'm aware of

Switching receivers shouldnt lose grandfathered status. Heck I hope not. Tomorrow I upgrade my receiver with DIrectv and I'm on a "grandfathered" package

not thqat I'm aware of. Switching receivers shouldnt lose grandfathered status.

Hate to tell you, but doing ANYTHING with a receiver, (either replacing an existing one, or adding an additional one) may very well screw it up on the new/replaced receiver.

And the reason why I say this...if you go back in time, when E* came out with the Starz movie pak, Encore Westerns was part of that pkg. Then later, when E* added the rest of the Encore thematics & other Starz multiplexes, they pulled Westerns OUT of the Starz pkg...but all current Starz movie pak subs were grandfathered in with the Westerns channel.

BUT come to find out later, if you did ANYTHING to change a receiver, you lost Westerns on those said receivers. What was even weirder was...if you had multiple receivers, you would STILL have it on the rest of your receivers, but lost it on the new/replaced receivers. I remember this VERY clearly, because I know several subs that were totally PISSED that E* would NOT do anything to restore it on the new/replaced receivers...they were told they needed to sub to the Encore movie pak or upgrade to AT250.

I've also seen this on a couple other channels (who's names escape me now) where the packaging was later changed...but I remember the Westerns debacle very clearly!

Heck I hope not. Tomorrow I upgrade my receiver with DIrectv and I'm on a "grandfathered" package

I've never had a problem yet with D* screwing this up...but you might want to EXPLICITLY tell the CSR to "NOT touch your base pkg!"... ;)

I've never had a problem yet with D* screwing this up...but you might want to EXPLICITLY tell the CSR to "NOT touch your base pkg!"... ;)

well Ive already got the HR34 going, the other 3 receivers are now deactivated and it still shows "Choice Xtra Classic" (the grandfathered package) so I think we're safe

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)