Welcome Pak and not getting Wx Channel in HD?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

DBSat

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 19, 2010
NC
FYI...Just spent an hour on phone with Dish trying to get th Wx ch in HD, that they said had been added to this pkg....Still no luck? I have western arc with 211k and EHD...Any ideas out there?

I think the wx channels (The Weather Channel HD) and (Weathernation HD) both do require you to have to be subscribed to the top 120 pak or top 250 pak and that's why you're not seeing it on the welcome pak.

FYI...According to "The List" WX ch Hd on 110W only available on spot beams 48/49....Where ever those are?....My locals are on Eastern arc, but I have Western arc...but don't get Dish locals because of LOS issues on both arcs...I guess If I had 77W...that I would see Wx Ch HD....Dish wants me on Eastern arc where my locals are...I have OTA, and only pay for Welcome pak and no locals $14.99. A good thing I noticed is that they removed the flag on the OTA locals...and now i get the guide data...That's a plus...Just hope it stays....DB

FYI...You can get Welcome Pak with some HD channels...If you have Locals on 129W and 61.5W and also available on 72.7W..if you can get them...Thanks to Scott for letting us know about this. It's a real plus for us non HD folks. with Dish... Now I expect the price will be going up next year...but still may be worth it, we will see.......DB

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)