Up
Beyond
All
Recovery

Damn whippersnapper.
- - - - -

EDIT--Sorry hit the wrong button!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I can understand now what the problem is with the new look -- I am working on my home PC (the one that is really fast, but... has a small 17" CRT SONY monitor). I was constantly having to scroll across the page when using SatGuys. So... for this machine and this machine only, I'll use the OLD look. It already has a nostalgic feel. :D

But I prefer the new look, even without my blog.

Sorry about the bad edit to your post Navy!

I wanted to quote your post and hit the wrong button! I got it back the way it was I think.

Anyway what I meant to say without editing your post
------------------------
LOL!

The "quote" is a nice touch!
The R I'd always heard was "repair" but it's all good. WW2 had its share of great achronyms that have stuck with us 65 years later!

SNAFU is another one of my favorites.

See ya
Tony

I have to second that. I was one of the lucky ones to get to test it. Thanks Scott.

What's seriously missing from the "New" look is the ability to search from the main page. I usually come here, check the front page news, click the buttons at the top to get me my new posts for various forums and call it a day.

So I'm a classic person till that adjusted. ;)

Think there may be a server bug??? Seems like if I log in on main page, and then go in to a sub forum the login/password has to be reentered for some reason or the other???

Sounds like a bad cookie. :)

Delete your satelliteguys cookies and then log in again, you should be all set from there. :)

Scott.

Not to be nit picky....Well I guess I am. Is there a way that you could move the Community area back towards the bottom. Being that this is a Sat forum I personaly like to see the Television Choices right after the Central...And CEDIA.

Ultimatly if most people like the organization better the way it is I can adapt. Otherwise It all looks great to me.

Are you referring to the forum listing being re-arranged ?? I noticed that a couple of days ago but didn't worry about it much. I would prefer it the way it was previously or better yet, give us the ability to arrange them how we want. I'm guessing vBulletin doesn't offer that though.

At the moment we are going to keep it that way as we are conducting a test.

They were on the top before and when they were there they were a lot more active. (In fact when we moved them posts went down by over 90%)

There are a few options available to you though to change things.

1) On the forum listings page next to the forum description you will notice a
collapse_tcat.gif
click on it and it closes the forums in that group under it. To reopen it click the symbol again. :)

2) Go into your account settings, select options and put the forums you dont want to see on your exclude list. And you wont see them anymore. :)

Again no decission has been made if they will stay there, but we like making the options available to you on what you see and what you dont. :D

Scott

Do not get me wrong. I do read those sections altho when I first come to the site I glance at the other sections to see what is going on. Then I go to the other sections. Again I can adapt if it is better for the site over all.

Many posts now have underlined words in green that produce advertising messages. Is this part of the upgrade and will it continue? Hate to be blunt, but I find it annoying.

Many posts now have underlined words in green that produce advertising messages. Is this part of the upgrade and will it continue? Hate to be blunt, but I find it annoying.
You should NOT be seeing these anymore. Please let me know if thats the case. The only ones who should be seeing those are the folks who are not logged in or unregistered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)