Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
On behalf of SatelliteGuys.US I would like to welcome all the listeners of WION I-1430 / FM 92.7 and all the folks joining us from Ionia County, Michigan to the new WION I-1430 Forum!

This forum was setup so that you can discussion all things related to WION as well as any happenings or things you find important in Ionia County! It is my hope that when news breaks in Ionia that not only will you tune to I-1430 to keep you informed, but that you will use this forum to discuss whats going on.

The possibilites for this forum are endless!

Make sure to check in each Friday as WION's own Jim Carlyle (known here as "Radio") will post the Fun Friday Flash Poll, and Jim will choose many of your replies to his poll for use on the air on his Coffee Crew Morning Show!

So IONA - I-1430 is YOUR RADIO STATION and now YOUR RADIO STATION now has its own forum for all things Ionia!

Please note the following Legal Mumbo Jumbo: Anything posted in this WION forum becomes property of WION Radio / SatelliteGuys.US, which simple means that by posting in this forum, your post may be used by WION including reading your post on the air.

On Behalf of SatelliteGuys.US and WION I-1430 Radio I would like to welcome you HOME to your New Forum and to SatelliteGuys.US!

Last edited:
Scott, thanks for this forum! We've had fun involving satguys in our Friday polls, and in conversation! I hope it helps the site, and is interactive for our listeners, too! Again, thanks!

Great to see a local Michigan station here!

Thank you! We're working on some ideas to help the station and augment the online presence. This was Scott's gift to us, he's "adopted" WION I think as one of his traditional media faves based on what we do, and has tuned in to our webcams on Fridays.

I'd like to add streaming to our site to share WION with the folks here, we're trying to do it, but there are hoops for royalties that don't play nice with my (older, functional, don't fix it if it ain't broke) automation. We're looking at options.

Please chime in with ideas on anything you see here......or, anything on our site! This is the place for it, as I dumped our facebook after my personal admin account was hacked once. I'll not be going back to it. Would rather have this kind of "traditional" traffic.

Again, thanks!

radio said:
Thank you! We're working on some ideas to help the station and augment the online presence. This was Scott's gift to us, he's "adopted" WION I think as one of his traditional media faves based on what we do, and has tuned in to our webcams on Fridays.

I'd like to add streaming to our site to share WION with the folks here, we're trying to do it, but there are hoops for royalties that don't play nice with my (older, functional, don't fix it if it ain't broke) automation. We're looking at options.

Please chime in with ideas on anything you see here......or, anything on our site! This is the place for it, as I dumped our facebook after my personal admin account was hacked once. I'll not be going back to it. Would rather have this kind of "traditional" traffic.

Again, thanks!

How old is the automation system that you're running?

Sent from my iPad 2 using the SatelliteGuys App

It's actually only old in "version"...not in "manufacturer. We have "top of the line" Michigan made ENCO. They're the BEST of the BEST. Even WJR, big TV stations,
and others use it. CNN/CBS use it. Thing is, we like what works, and since (3) stations use it, we want to remain on the same versions. We're on version 4.x, the newer
ones are up to 10.x, but like the (now Cumulus) Detroit stations, we agree...don't upgrade what works in a stable manner! ENCO, like other companies went from making a stable (ugly, not real pretty) version, to a more "visually appealing" version as they revised. The big question is, "who cares what it looks like in the studio!" I'd rather have ugly and not have off-air time on weekends or when I'm away to worry about it!

I know, I know....too much information.

JC

radio said:
It's actually only old in "version"...not in "manufacturer. We have "top of the line" Michigan made ENCO. They're the BEST of the BEST. Even WJR, big TV stations,
and others use it. CNN/CBS use it. Thing is, we like what works, and since (3) stations use it, we want to remain on the same versions. We're on version 4.x, the newer
ones are up to 10.x, but like the (now Cumulus) Detroit stations, we agree...don't upgrade what works in a stable manner! ENCO, like other companies went from making a stable (ugly, not real pretty) version, to a more "visually appealing" version as they revised. The big question is, "who cares what it looks like in the studio!" I'd rather have ugly and not have off-air time on weekends or when I'm away to worry about it!

I know, I know....too much information.

JC

You could get a computer that grabs the audio and song data and sends it out to a Shoutcast server to Loudcity who pays royalties. You could use a software like SAM Cast from SpacialAudio. http://spacial.com/sam-cast

Sent from my iPad 2 using the SatelliteGuys App

Will look into that! I know our engineer is working to get around the high cost of the "original" software by looking for open source, or designing his own.
Thanks much!

Thank you for all the ideas. Much of the legal mumbo jumbo turns me off, so we may shelve the idea for awhile. When licensing crosses the line and makes us change our programming, disallowing certain terms of requests, artist features and such that may come in the future, it's legislation/litigation/licensing that has gotten too big. I do, however appreciate all the input. Life is just simpler on the "terrestrial" plane, and we'll keep our options open.

Thank you for all the ideas. Much of the legal mumbo jumbo turns me off, so we may shelve the idea for awhile. When licensing crosses the line and makes us change our programming, disallowing certain terms of requests, artist features and such that may come in the future, it's legislation/litigation/licensing that has gotten too big. I do, however appreciate all the input. Life is just simpler on the "terrestrial" plane, and we'll keep our options open.

Yeah it's definetly more difficult for a terrestrial station to broadcast online than say an internet only station like the one I run.

Welcome aboard! We're just beginning this, but its a GREAT way to communicate between listeners, WION, and friends! Thanks so much for registering for the WION forum!

To get more WION Listeners to join in the fun, I have set things so that you can post to the WION forum without needing to register or log in!

Then once you are more comfortable we hope you will register and join us on a full time basis. Remember as a registered member you see a lot less ads! :D

Welcome to the WION forum!

I think this is a great idea! I listen but never call in and like Jim and his show.

My only complaint is when I click the link on the wion web site the forum shows up in a small box on the right side of the screen and its not full screen. Can you please make the link full screen so us old guys can see it.

Thanks!

-- Ron

We can change the link to open this forum in separate page if that's how folks would like it! We try to keep everything within the "envelope" of the WION website, but I don't see any issues with doing that! If you return to our site, you'll simply have another page to go back-to. (and most everybody uses tabbed browsing these days.)
And please DO call, we love having new voices on!

Edit: TRY IT NOW! It opens in its own "page" on your web browser, hopefully leaving our (home) page open if you have tabbed browsing.

-Jim

Jim,

If you can take a trip back to the days of the WION facebook page, my son was the one that only would have a good nights sleep with WION playing by his crib. Fast forward to two mornings ago and I am getting him up to go to daycare and he is fighting the idea of getting dressed to go......until the alarm goes off and he gets up and starts dancing and shaking his head to the music. You've got two generation fans for life here!!

P.S. Maybe someone can get a leg lamp made in time for the bertha brock art in the park

I do remember those days! Thank you for bringing a smile to my face! Two generations of fans in only 7 years (8 Christmases now) on the air! We're honored to have you!
Thanks again! I like this forum! Gives us that "personal" communication again! Thanks for the note, and YES, that lamp is possible!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts