Well, changed phones again.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Ronnie-

Member of the Year
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Aug 28, 2007
mississippi
Decided to sell my Droid today and go with a Galaxy S from cell south. Just got it and havent even had a chance to activate it.

msmith198025 said:
Decided to sell my Droid today and go with a Galaxy S from cell south. Just got it and havent even had a chance to activate it.

Hopefully it has a flash. Then root and custom ROM it because Samsungs Touchwiz sucks.

I went from a Droid X to Vibrant on T-Mo but didn't like the things I mentioned. So I now have a G2 with is nicer than my Droid X.

Well, im rooted. Not much in the way of custom roms so far, but im fine with that at the moment. My only complaint right now is not a phone issue, but a carrier/google issue. Protected apps such as slingplayer are not showing up in the market. I think this was an issue with most galaxy phones when they were released, so hopefully that will get resolved soon.

Loving the larger screen. Its not quite as "sharp" as the Milestone screen, but the colors really pop on this Super AMOLED beauty.
And this hummingbird processor is lightning fast.

Edit: My other complaint when I got my wife this phone was the cheap build quality feel. Without a good case it still feels that way. However I got a body glove slide/snap on case that is a very tight fit and doesnt add a tremendous amount of bulk. Makes the phone feel more substantial though, and I like that.

Fixed my only complaint by using a backup I made with Titanium Backup (totally forgot I had it).
Transfered my backup files to my phone, and hit restore. Problem solved.

I just wanted to point out I did not create nor have any part in the making of this thread...I have kept the same phone for awhile now...so there mike :)

Well, im rooted. Not much in the way of custom roms so far, but im fine with that at the moment. My only complaint right now is not a phone issue, but a carrier/google issue. Protected apps such as slingplayer are not showing up in the market. I think this was an issue with most galaxy phones when they were released, so hopefully that will get resolved soon.

Loving the larger screen. Its not quite as "sharp" as the Milestone screen, but the colors really pop on this Super AMOLED beauty.
And this hummingbird processor is lightning fast.

Edit: My other complaint when I got my wife this phone was the cheap build quality feel. Without a good case it still feels that way. However I got a body glove slide/snap on case that is a very tight fit and doesnt add a tremendous amount of bulk. Makes the phone feel more substantial though, and I like that.

You know because the phone is so light everyone thinks cheap but I had mine for over 3 months and drop it so many times I stopped counting. It is a solid phone and with the gorilla glass the screen is fairly tough.

which model do you have?
I wasnt aware that it had gorilla glass. Thats good news.

Why don't you try pulling your slingplayer app off of your droid? Or will it not install? (I hope it will, since I am getting a Tab in 10 days :) )

Why don't you try pulling your slingplayer app off of your droid? Or will it not install? (I hope it will, since I am getting a Tab in 10 days :) )

see post #5. :)
Thats what I basically did with titanium. Worked, AND loaded the same copy on my wifes galaxy. Wish I had known that would work before I bought two copies a few months ago. Five bucks for titanium is alot cheaper than another slingplayer app.

You know because the phone is so light everyone thinks cheap but I had mine for over 3 months and drop it so many times I stopped counting. It is a solid phone and with the gorilla glass the screen is fairly tough.

I checked into this, and you are correct. I had forgotten about that, thanks for the reminder.

I just wanted to point out I did not create nor have any part in the making of this thread...I have kept the same phone for awhile now...so there mike :)

When I saw the title before I looked at the creator I thought it was you. :D

lol, oh I have gotten the itch, (fascinate looks AMAZING) but I am sticking.

Ours is very similar to the Fascinate, but is not loaded with Bing.
Ive been very pleased with it. The graphics processing capabilities of this phone are unreal.

The more I play with this phone the more I like it.

On a side note, I had contacted Cell South about the protected apps not showing up in the market. Wouldnt you know a day after I go through the add it myself option they email back and say they fixed the problem .

Been getting used to touch wiz, and while its not as visually striking as sense, I like it. it's minimal, and snappy. I'll keep it on here for a while.

Your better than I. That is one reason I returned the Vibrant and went to the G2. Also No Flash on the camera is a killer, as I mentioned before.

Its more minimal than sense, which I like. Easy enough to get away from if I get tired of it, but so far, Im happy.
Yeah, lack of camera flash would have been a deal breaker, but fortunately we got one of the few versions with a flash.

Its more minimal than sense, which I like. Easy enough to get away from if I get tired of it, but so far, Im happy.
Yeah, lack of camera flash would have been a deal breaker, but fortunately we got one of the few versions with a flash.

Man trust me it more to a camera than flash and HTC puts the crappiest lenses in their camera's. I not trying to make this a flame thread but no reviewers ever said anything great about HTC phones taking pictures.

2010-10-02 14.35.14 | Flickr - Photo Sharing! I took that with the Vibrant

2010-06-04 13.48.28 | Flickr - Photo Sharing! I took these with the MyTouch 3G.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)