Well Dish just saved me money...

polksda

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 6, 2005
Urbana, IL
Considering I only ever watch HD channels anyway, I was paying extra for all that SD crap I was never watching.

As of about 10 minutes ago my Dish bill just dropped to $37 a month.

DishHD: $29.99
211 lease fee: $7.00
CinemaxHD: $0.01

Beats the heck out of the $59.99 I would have been paying for Top 100 + Dish Ultimate.

Joy. Bliss. Rapture.

The thing is... I was blissfully paying $54.99 a month for channels I wasn't watching, yet oblivious that I had other options. By raising my bill $5 (my next bill was going to be $59.99 for the same packages), Dish irritated me and prompted me to go look for ways to cut costs. They just shot themselves in the foot.

Oh well...

when you add up all the revenue they will make with the rate increase, I guarantee you that will cover ALL the folks who downgrade/cancell because of it, and still allow them to make alot more profit..

I know what you mean. I have the original $9.99 per month HD package, $5 access fee, and $6 lease fee.

Hell, I even dropped Setanta while I was at it. Soccer is great, but not worth $15. I figured while I was at, I might as well go all the way. Any way you can all the Champions League games from UEFA.com for 3.99 a month.

If not for the "HD only package" I'd have left Dish. I'm sure this was the case for a lot of people.

I didn't know dish still charged a lease fee for your first receiver. I might have to switch to this new plan as well. I have a 622 so i would get hit with the dvr fee though. The only gripe i have about the new hd package is the fact they don't include your rsn with the package. Other than that it looks like a great deal and may keep me from switching to directv. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)