Well FRAK ME!! BSG ON HD DVD!!!!!!

'Battlestar Galactica: Season One' On HD DVD, December 4

Disappointed and anxious that there was still no news about Battlestar Galactica (2004): Season One HD DVD, which was heavily rumored to be released in September?

Universal Studios Home Entertainment has now confirmed that the Battlestar Galactica (2004): Season One will be available on 6-disc HD DVD set from December 4. The high-definition version of this TV series is available to own only on HD DVD. It is a non-combo HD DVD set and has a suggested price tag of $99.98 SRP.

Each episode of the series and the miniseries will be presented in 1080p High Definition Widescreen 1.78:1 video with Dolby TrueHD 5.1 (English) and Dolby Digital-Plus 5.1 (English) audio options. Only English [SDH] and French subtitle options are included.

A breakdown of the bonus materials on each disc:

Disc One:

• Encyclopedia Galactica - An interactive guide including ships, characters, colonies and flight training manual (HD DVD-Exclusive)
  • Picture in Picture - Behind the Scenes of the Mini Series (HD DVD-Exclusive)
  • Feature Commentary with Director Michael Rymer and Executive Producers David Eick and Ronald D. Moore
  • Deleted Scenes - Mini Series
  • Sketches and Art
  • From Miniseries to Series
  • Change Is Good, Now They're Babes
  • The Cylon Centurion
  • Future/Past Technology
  • The Doctor Is Out (Of His Mind)
  • Production
  • Visual Effects
  • Epilogue
Disc Two:
  • Encyclopedia Galactica - An interactive guide including ships, characters, colonies and flight training manual (HD DVD-Exclusive)
  • Picture in Picture - Behind the Scenes of the Mini Series (HD DVD-Exclusive)
  • Deleted Scenes
  • Feature Commentary with Director Michael Rymer and Executive Producers David Eick and Ronald D. Moore
  • Pilot Commentary with Director Michael Rymer and Executive Producers David Eick and Ronald D. Moore
Disc Three:
  • Deleted Scenes
  • Episode 103 "Bastille Day" Commentary with Ronald D. Moore and David Eick
  • Episode 104 "Act of Contrition" Commentary with Ronald D. Moore and David Eick
Disc Four:
  • Deleted Scenes
  • Episode 105 "You Can't Go Home Again" Commentary with Ronald D. Moore and David Eick
Disc Five:
  • Deleted Scenes
  • Episode 109 "Tigh Me Up, Tigh Me Down" Commentary with Executive Producer Ronald D. Moore
  • Episode 110 "The Hand of God" Commentary with Executive Producer Ronald D. Moore
Disc Six:
  • Deleted Scenes
  • Episode 111 "Colonial Day" Commentary with Executive Producer Ronald D. Moore
  • Episode 112 "Kobol's Last Gleaming" Pt 1 Commentary with Executive Producer Ronald D. Moore
  • Episode 113 "Kobol's Last Gleaming" Pt. 2 Commentary with Executive Producer Ronald D. Moore
Source: HD DVD Blogspot

Battlestar Galactica is entering the next generation!

In a story from The Digital Bits, Universal Studios Home Entertainment recently announced the December 4 HD-DVD release of Battlestar Galactica: Season One!

According to The Bits "the 6-disc set will include the complete original miniseries and every Season One episode, along with all of the extras from the original DVDs (including the miniseries deleted scenes that were part of the separate miniseries DVD, but not part of the previous Season One release)."

Some of the new features for this HD-DVD release will "include an interactive Encyclopedia Galactica guide to ships, characters and colonies and a flight training manual (Carl Sagan, we feel your pain), as well as Picture in Picture behind-the-scenes footage."

Technical Specs:
- 1080p - 1.78:1
- Audio: Dolby Digital TrueHD and Plus 5.1 audio

The Battlestar Galactica: Season One HD-DVD set will run consumers $99.98.

On that same day, Universal will also be bringing out Battlestar Galactica: Razor - Unrated Director's Cut.

Included in this set will be "an uncut version of the 2-part 'bonus' episode slated to run on Sci-Fi" November 24.
Source: MovieWeb - Showtimes, Previews, Trailers, News, DVD, TV and More!

Have they announced the season 3 box sets yet for BG on regular DVD? I thought it was supposed to hit in August.... I guess it got delayed.... A friend of mine has OTA only on his TV and he is dying to see season 3 after I told him about the "Exodus" two parter episode....

View of the case

Another Take...

Universal Studios Home Video have announced the US HD DVD release of Battlestar Galactica (2004) Season 1 on 4th December 2007 priced at $99.98 SRP. With the 12 colonies of man virtually destroyed in the climax of a hundred-year war with the Cylon Empire, President Roslin (Mary McDonnell) and Commander Adama (Edward James Olmos) gather up the few humans left and embark on a journey to find the mythical planet Earth, not realizing that the Cylon robot is no longer a recognizable enemy. Battlestar Galactica is a complete re-imagining of the 1970s series - upping the ante on the action, adventure, and drama that made the original so popular.

The Sci-Fi Channel hit series is now coming to HD DVD with all 13 Season 1 episodes and the mini-series which started it all spread across six-discs in 1080P Widescreen with Dolby True HD 5.1 Surround audio. The DVD extras are also ported across, and are accompanied by “Encyclopedia Galactica” - An interactive guide including ships, characters, colonies and flight training manual and a behind-the-scenes Picture-in-Picture feature – both on the mini-series.

The 6-discs are all dual-layer, HD30 with episodes presented in 1080P 1.78:1 Widescreen with English 5.1 (Dolby True HD and Dolby Digital Plus) and optional English SDH and French subtitles.

Extras are broken down below…

Disc 1 - Judging by the extras and the disc running time (95mins) we believe this disc features the first half of the mini-series…
  • Encyclopedia Galactica - An interactive guide including ships, characters, colonies and flight training manual
  • Picture in Picture - Behind the Scenes of the Mini Series
  • Deleted Scenes - Mini Series
  • Sketches and Art
  • From Miniseries to Series
  • Change Is Good, Now They're Babes
  • The Cylon Centurion
  • Future/Past Technology
  • The Doctor Is Out (Of His Mind)
  • Production
  • Visual Effects
  • Epilogue
Disc 2 - Judging by the extras and the disc running time (134mins) we believe this disc features the remainder of the mini-series and the pilot episode of Season 1…
  • Encyclopedia Galactica - An interactive guide including ships, characters, colonies and flight training manual
  • Picture in Picture - Behind the Scenes of the Mini Series
  • Deleted Scenes
  • Pilot Commentary with Director Michael Rymer and Executive Producers David Eick and Ronald D. Moore
Disc 3 - The remaining discs all feature 3 episodes from Season 1…
  • Deleted Scenes
  • Episode 103 "Bastille Day" Commentary with Ronald D. Moore and David Eick
  • Episode 104 "Act of Contrition" Commentary with Ronald D. Moore and David Eick
Disc 4
  • Deleted Scenes
  • Episode 105 "You Can't Go Home Again" Commentary with Ronald D. Moore and David Eick
Disc 5
  • Deleted Scenes
  • Episode 109 "Tigh Me Up, Tigh Me Down" Commentary with Executive Producer Ronald D. Moore
  • Episode 110 "The Hand of God" Commentary with Executive Producer Ronald D. Moore
Disc 6
  • Deleted Scenes
  • Episode 111 "Colonial Day" Commentary with Executive Producer Ronald D. Moore
  • Episode 112 "Kobol's Last Gleaming" Pt 1 Commentary with Executive Producer Ronald D. Moore
  • Episode 113 "Kobol's Last Gleaming" Pt. 2 Commentary with Executive Producer Ronald D. Moore
Source and a shot of the HD DVD case : Dvd times

Have they announced the season 3 box sets yet for BG on regular DVD? I thought it was supposed to hit in August.... I guess it got delayed.... A friend of mine has OTA only on his TV and he is dying to see season 3 after I told him about the "Exodus" two parter episode....
I thought I saw an Oct 23rd release date somewhere...

Battlestar Galactica: Razor Unrated Extended Edition

On DVD and HD DVD December 4, 2007 from Universal Studios Home Entertainment

OVERVIEW: In a groundbreaking first, fans of Battlestar Galactica will be able to vote for their favorite DVD packaging of the Battlestar Galactica: Razor Unrated Extended Edition, which will be released by Universal Studios Home Entertainment on December 4, 2007. The website SCIFI.COM | Battlestar Galactica will display a selection of three choices for fans to cast their votes starting tomorrow and continuing to 12 AM midnight Pacific Standard Time on September 7, 2007. The final selection will be posted on the site on September 14.

From the creators of the action-packed television phenomenon Battlestar Galactica comes the exclusive DVD event, Battlestar Galactica: Razor Unrated Extended Edition, on December 4, 2007, just 10 days after the SCI FI Channel's world premiere of Battlestar Galactica: Razor on November 24, 2007.

The Battlestar Galactica:Razor Unrated Extended Edition DVD contains an extended version of the explosive two-hour broadcast event that includes

all-new characters and more action and visual effects than any previous episode in the popular series, as well as behind-the-scenes interviews with the series' creators. As an indispensable backdrop to events that take place in the Fourth Season of Battlestar Galactica, the DVD is a must-own for fans of the series.

BONUS FEATURES:

-- Deleted Scenes

-- The Look of Battlestar Galactica: Sit down with Battlestar Galactica's

Director of Photography, Stephen McNutt, to see how Battlestar

Galactica gets its visceral, gritty look.

-- My Favorite Episode So Far: Members of the cast of Battlestar Galactica

explain which episode has been their favorite so far and why.

-- Sneak Peek into Season Four with Creators David Eick and Ron Moore:

Creators David Eick and Ron Moore give fans insight into the fourth

season.

-- Commentary with the Series Creators

SYNOPSIS: Battlestar Galactica: Razor takes you on an edge-of-your-seat adventure with an epic untold story of Lieutenant Kendra Shaw and the other Battlestar, Pegasus. Battlestar Galactica: Razor tells the story of Lee Adama's (Jamie Bamber) first mission as commander of the Battlestar Pegasus and reveals the story of how Admiral Cain (Michelle Forbes) served her ship during the original Cylon attack on the Colonies. With clues to the fate of the entire Battlestar Galactica universe, this explosive adventure on DVD is a must own for fans before the final season of Battlestar Galactica airs on Sci Fi Channel.

TECHNICAL INFORMATION:

Street Date: December 4, 2007

Pre-Order Close: October 23, 2007

Price: $26.98 SRP

Selection Number: 61101855 WS

Layers: DVD-9 (Single Sided)

Aspect Ratio: Anamorphic Widescreen 1.78:1

Rating: Not Rated

Languages/Subtitles: English

Sound: Dolby Digital 5.1

CAST AND FILMMAKERS

Cast: Michelle Forbes, Stephanie Chaves-Jacobsen, Edward James Olmos, Mary