well....here it is......50k posts

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
Well here it is. Post 50000. Dang thats a lot of posts :)

In all honesty I didn't even know I was near 50000 until it was posted that I was close. My theory is pretty simple and that is to help the folks here with their questions and (hopefully) get their FTA system up and running. Thats why I love this place. To help folks :)

Its funny. I found the thread when I hit 40000 posts. Here is what I wrote

me said:
I just like to help folks out with their system. When I first started with FTA late 03 I didnt know much about it. I originally got a receiver to "save a few bucks" on my ExpressVu system by getting the radio stations that (at the time) were in the clear...I guess I really didnt saved much money there ;)
I learned alot of it by reading and trying things out. I figured the worse thing that can happen is I blow a switch or trip a fuse...maybe fry a receiver but if we can show the group something that we accomplished, then its all worth it.

As I've noted a few times, the FTA area we are all kinda like "family"....maybe a dysfunctional one but a family. Other areas here when someone gets Dish Network or Directv there a few posts that say "welcome aboard" but then some posts turn it into a pissing match.

Here we are different. When someone finds a "new" dish (previously enjoyed) we all congratulate them on the find. When someone cuts the cable or Dish/Direct and goes FTA/OTA only we all offer congrats. When someone tries something new or to push the envelope with their system, a fair amount of us wait to see the next post wondering if it works or not.

That is how we all LEARN...by watching other folks try it and show that some crazy idea may work.

And that in my mind makes it all worth while :)

and honestly 10K posts later the above still is the same. :)

Thanks for allowing me to be part of Satelliteguys and the FTA family. I really appreciate it

Tony :)

I'd say a couple hundred of your posts were helping me with some of the crazy questions I come up with........................THANKS 'BERG!!!!!!! :up

The other 49,800 were pretty decent also. ;)

Thanks Tony,
The FTA forum is the best because of your moderation, 50k post is a real milestone. I’m looking forward to your 75k and 100k post.

You’re always helpful, “Thanks” for letting me be part of the FTA family.
Mike Lib

I sent ya a congrate at 49989 and again right now..

Congratulations Iceberg! I always wonder how you are able to keep up with everything posted here daily, and still have a life away from this forum. The amount of time and effort you donate to the cause of FTA is truly amazing. Thanks for all you do, and we look forward to 100k! :D

Well here it is. Post 50000. Dang thats a lot of posts :)

In all honesty I didn't even know I was near 50000 until it was posted that I was close. My theory is pretty simple and that is to help the folks here with their questions and (hopefully) get their FTA system up and running. Thats why I love this place. To help folks :)

Its funny. I found the thread when I hit 40000 posts. Here is what I wrote

Originally Posted by me
I just like to help folks out with their system. When I first started with FTA late 03 I didnt know much about it. I originally got a receiver to "save a few bucks" on my ExpressVu system by getting the radio stations that (at the time) were in the clear...I guess I really didnt saved much money there
I learned alot of it by reading and trying things out. I figured the worse thing that can happen is I blow a switch or trip a fuse...maybe fry a receiver but if we can show the group something that we accomplished, then its all worth it.

As I've noted a few times, the FTA area we are all kinda like "family"....maybe a dysfunctional one but a family. Other areas here when someone gets Dish Network or Directv there a few posts that say "welcome aboard" but then some posts turn it into a pissing match.

Here we are different. When someone finds a "new" dish (previously enjoyed) we all congratulate them on the find. When someone cuts the cable or Dish/Direct and goes FTA/OTA only we all offer congrats. When someone tries something new or to push the envelope with their system, a fair amount of us wait to see the next post wondering if it works or not.

That is how we all LEARN...by watching other folks try it and show that some crazy idea may work.

And that in my mind makes it all worth while

and honestly 10K posts later the above still is the same. :)

Thanks for allowing me to be part of Satelliteguys and the FTA family. I really appreciate it

Tony :)

Tony,

You absolutely nailed down the jist of this FTA forum precisely during your 40K post! We definitely are a special group here and the education and experience that we find along the way, we love to share with others and we are eager to learn from others. We always get a huge grin and a warm feeling whenever anyone else succeeds in setting up a new FTA system for the first time or when they find something unique and "out-there" that is new to us. It is just a fantastic adventure to get into.

I believe that our desire to experiment and learn and test and explore all things new is what separates us from the general TV watching population. We don't just want to watch the telly, we want to disect it and learn what makes it tick.

This is where people such as yourself come into the mix and play a very important role in developing new FTA technicians for the future. By staying with the forum and assisting other members and especially new members in their endeavor to develop and hone their skills, you serve as a perpetual "Iceberg" of knowledge, direction and inspiration. As the ideas and information melts away from you and sustains and raises others, you constantly and naturally grow in your own personal knowledge and reform into an even larger "FTA Iceberg". :)

Yes, I certainly believe that this forum (expressly the FTA side of the equation) is a great "Think Tank" with a lot of really admirable people and a really great resource of knowledge and experience and personable passion! If it were not for you and others like you, it would not have turned out this good.

Therefore, as a matter of great admiration and appreciation, I salute your years of devotion, your dedication to FTA and all its related aspects and to your personal friendship and down home attitude that you exhibit within every post that you make and for simply being a great mentor to many!

You don't deserve congratulations for 50,000+ posts. You deserve a major thanks, my friend. What you do deserve congratulations for is making those 50,000+ posts important and valuable to everyone whom you replied to and everyone else who read them! That is a feat that carries more than just a considerable value.

Thank you, Tony.

You have done very well! Very well indeed.

Gordy

50k holy crap! :eek: What does that breakdown to daily? Lot's of input Ice. Congratulations :bow :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts