Well,I got my dish.....but(Two Questions)

Polethebear

Original poster
May 5, 2007
Hello all,

I got my dish,a dish 500 with the america's everything pack. Everything went well accept for some giant oaf with the team that installed unhooking my internet when hooking things up from the outside and not really caring to re-hook it. :mad: Thankfully, the tech in charge of the threesome came back out and re-hooked things for me. Also,I did not get all the channels I wanted and that leads me to my questions.

One of the reasons I got America's everything was that I wanted the huge sports pack that goes along with it.I was aware that live games would be blacked out in my area but I was hoping to at least see everything else(Ie news reports,magazine shows and what not-I am a steeler fan) that went along with it.But when I called the company regarding the channels,they told me all I could get was the channels in my region period. Now,I looked at the sports pack add on with those channels and I want to know from you guys if I can still those out-of market channels with the sports pack??? I didn't see a terrortorial warning when I checked that page on dishnetwork. What's the deal??? Can I still get them???

Also,why does dish give two verisons of certain channels??? Like I have my locals,WE,Oxygen,Soapnet and some others twice and I think they are the same feed.I know they are with the locals. Can/Should I call and have it shut off??? I don't want to be paying for double channels.

Hope all is well,

Thanks again,

Polethebear

I just got it as well and also get two sets of locals. I initially assumed the second feed was HD, but it's not.

Actually, the multi-sports pack isn't part of the "everything" package. It has to be ordered seperately (for 5.99/mo, I believe). Thats one reason a lot of folks refer to AEP as the Almost Everything Package.

As far as the sports pack you will only get your LOCAL sports that is decided on your location. You will NEVER get out of market sports. My opinion is do not buy the sports pack you will get the extra channels. BUT it will have Nothing but blackouts during the sporting events.

As far as having some channels twice.

Channels like we soapnet and oxygen. i beleive those channels are on a free preview on channels 280-298 or something like that.
As far as your locals being on there twice you should have those below channel 100. and again between channels 5000-9000 range.

Actually, the multi-sports pack isn't part of the "everything" package. It has to be ordered seperately (for 5.99/mo, I believe). Thats one reason a lot of folks refer to AEP as the Almost Everything Package.
I think you meant the Ain't Everything Pack. You also do not get the SuperStations or locals with the AEP. They are both extra as is the Sports Pack.

Locals show up in two locations because the older legacy recievers ( IE any receiver dish has produced since birth up to the year 2001 that had four digits ) is not able to see the channels as their actual channel number due to software limitations so no your not getting charged twice for the locals.

W.E. and oxymoron are as others stated most likely on free preview, you can check this by selecting both channel locations in the guide with the dish info button and if one doesnt give you any info then its a free preview ( atleast thats how it worked last year when they did the free previews of the movie packages ).

For the sports issue are you talking about the pregame and post game and the "wow lets get even girlier and rehash the game yet again" shows that would come on before during or after the game? Those to would probably be a part of the black out but I cant tell you either way as the only pro sport I watch is hockey ( GO WINGS ) and I only watch college foot ball ( HAIL TO THE VICTORS GO WOLVERINES ) so I have never seen a blackout and cant say.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)