Well there goes the neighborhood....

The only problem with my 211k and 222k the guide only goes up to 3 days is that normal, on the 508 guide goes up to 14 days.

Last edited:
yeah without a HD the guide is 44 hours...with a EHD its 9 days

Having some issues getting the EHD option added to the account. But Mary is on top of it and I'm sure it will get fixed. :)

Welcome back kott...err I mean Iceberg lol Sounds like you got strong signal so you shouldn't have any issues with rain fade,snow is another story hehe.

Hopefully one of these days dish will have all the sports content to set you free from the darkside.:D

So with my 211k, if I add the external hard drive and pay the $40 activation fee, my guide will then go more than 44 hours into the future?

yes

Adding the EHD option opens up the EEPG (extended program guide). Right now I have about 8+ days on mine. When there were issues adding the EHD I could only see 2 days out. The guide now shows me next Monday morning

edit: Matt beat me to it

Iceberg said:
yep. I wanted the Duluth, MN locals (use to live there) and Dish carries them in HD, Directv does not.
My contract with Directv runs til Feb...then I can pursue my options. Honestly if Dish carried RSN's in HD 24/7 would be awesome but at least for the games (and not hit and miss) I'd probably be with Dish.

And no MLB Network either

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

interesting I can add the Supers or the "outdoor sports" to the Welcome Pack (according to my online account)

interesting I can add the Supers or the "outdoor sports" to the Welcome Pack (according to my online account)

I was going to ask if you were going to add superstations or not. That was what I was trying to tell you with the a la carte site except it is labeled "Other Programming." It is located here: http://www.dishnetwork.com/premiums/other/default.aspx
I do not think that Dish Platinum or/and Epix can be added due to the requirements of an HD package. I think Dish could probably get more subs to those if they waived those requirements as someone with the Welcome Pack or Dish Family package may have an HD receiver. We have the $5.00/mo. Encore Movie Pack.

You should also be able to add premiums as well (if wanted): http://www.dishnetwork.com/premiums/default.aspx

Don't forget about Dish Online, too. The site is located here (if you need it): https://secure.dishonline.com/login?from=dishnetwork
I am not sure what will come up on there for your channel subscriptions.

options I can add per my dish account
Premium movies
Euronews
Outdoor Sports
RFD-TV
Baby TV
CineLatino
Encore Movies
Veria
Fox Soccer Plus
Racetrack TV
Superstations
Int'l
Adult channels

The HD channels options are greyed out as is multisport

I kind of liked the superstations, don't know why but Iiked watching news from NY and LA

And on a side note, like that you can make all those changes online not only program adds but when you want to drop you can as well

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys!!

Last edited:
I'm with you there. Loved LA news. Some of the superstations were handy for Monday / Thursday night NFL games. I specifically remember the Jets, Giants and Broncos and remember Raiders preseason games on KTLA. I'm not sure if WSBK shows the Monday night Patriots games or not. You can also get season ticket packages (Center Ice, Game Plan, etc). The only thing about GP was that it didn't show any of the Thursday or Friday night games and not many of what ESPN (the main network) showed. That said, not many of the games were important unless you happen to be a huge fan of a team airing.

sweet. Just setting up my favorites and I get WPIX. I know back last time I had it, we got WPIX because there was a CW cable only station in the market. Now Dish has added the local CW (KDLH-DT2) but I still get WPIX 251 (234 is redded out)

Picture looks mushy but I guess its better than nothing ;)

When I get a new piece of equipment, I do what I do best....run it through the wringer and try to kill it :)

I put it through the tests. I've recorded like 15 things in the last day and it was just random stuff to see how it records, how to set up a recording, how well it handles back to back shows on same channel, etc.

I'm going to post a positive and negative thing on the differences between the 211 and my R22 probably while I'm figuring this out. The issue with the manual is it is designed for just a receiver and not adding a DVR to it. So I'm still green with it

Seems to me you are doing a great job at getting a handle on things. If you have WWOR you will see the Texans and Jets tonight. I was thinking it was WPIX that showed any Monday or Thursday night Giants games but research (at least regarding next week) shows it is WWOR.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)