Well there goes the neighborhood....

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
Well there goes the neighborhood.....I now have Dish service along with my Directv :)
Mary was awesome getting my account setup with the 211 and the EHD option added.

Took a little bit getting the 211 to "like" Legacy LNB's (when doing the "1 of 5" it would say "signal loss" requiring a reboot, check switch then waiting 10 seconds after that) but after it was authorized then there were no issues that I've seen :)

Welcome pack & HD locals (as posted in another thread...). So I get to try out the menus on the 211 and compare them to my Directv R22 (and no I will not be biased...I will post both good and bad)

I'm sure I'll have questions on the 211 and its menus. Havent had a DVR with Dish since I had a 508 years ago

I think I read there were some locals ice was not getting but is this also a trial move to see if a full time move to dish would be in order?

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys!!

Well there goes the neighborhood.....I now have Dish service along with my Directv :)
Mary was awesome getting my account setup with the 211 and the EHD option added.

Took a little bit getting the 211 to "like" Legacy LNB's (when doing the "1 of 5" it would say "signal loss" requiring a reboot, check switch then waiting 10 seconds after that) but after it was authorized then there were no issues that I've seen :)

Welcome pack & HD locals (as posted in another thread...). So I get to try out the menus on the 211 and compare them to my Directv R22 (and no I will not be biased...I will post both good and bad)

I'm sure I'll have questions on the 211 and its menus. Havent had a DVR with Dish since I had a 508 years ago

Awesome! Are you considering any a la carte offerings? Personally, we like the Encore a la carte package (if one does not sub to 250...We had 250 but went down to Dos since it had most of what we really watched and wanted) for $5/month. The site says Channels 340-347 right now. A while back, it had what we are catching with the pack: Channels 341-346 and 377. I cannot confirm Channel 340 as being part of it as we have Starz free for a year. So, we get the following with the Encore Movie Pack:
341 Encore West
342 Encore Westerns
343 Encore Action
344 Encore Suspense
345 Encore Drama
346 Encore Love
377 MoviePlex
(We do not get Encore Family. I even checked again after the "Other Packages" site changed the Encore Movie Pack numbers back to 340-347.)
Too bad Dish Platinum and the Epix pack require HD. However, you could add premiums if you wanted and would get them in HD from what I understand.

Is it a 211k or just a 211? I ask because the regular 211 still didn't get updated to the new guide/menus like 722/722k has, however the 211k does have those updates.

What is the world coming to? It is hard for me to believe what my eyes are telling me.:eek:

Seriously though, I am looking forward to his comparison.;)

With DirecTV and FTA and I don't see why you need Dish. But if it's what you want... :)
I think I read there were some locals ice was not getting but is this also a trial move to see if a full time move to dish would be in order?

yep. I wanted the Duluth, MN locals (use to live there) and Dish carries them in HD, Directv does not.
My contract with Directv runs til Feb...then I can pursue my options. Honestly if Dish carried RSN's in HD 24/7 would be awesome but at least for the games (and not hit and miss) I'd probably be with Dish.

Is it a 211k or just a 211? I ask because the regular 211 still didn't get updated to the new guide/menus like 722/722k has, however the 211k does have those updates.

Its black (the 211 is silver if I read right)
I dont have an option for guide to have no picture like the old 311's did.

He's had Dish, hey I kept Directv for the Distants, got them back in HD last year, now I keep it for the 3D... ;) I watch News 4 NY late news all the time (beats the heck out of Albuquerque's news except for weather & about the same crime rate ;)(and unless there is a fire about as much local news on both ))

exactly fergie
In the almost 9 years I've lived at my current house I have had all 4 North American satellite companies at one time or another
Started with Dish...
Added Bell
Dropped Bell went to Starchoice (Shaw Direct)
Cancelled Dish (didnt need it)
readded Dish (learned the power of "moving"...had locals only)
Re-cancelled Dish (had them for my favorite college hockey team and they switched from ABC to a local access channel)
Added Directv
Dropped Shaw
Re-re-added Dish :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts