Wellllllllllll.........since I couldnt get the DVI port working on my computer....

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

J3ff

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 19, 2004
I went out and bought a 52inch wide screen HD tv !!!!

Got it for 890 with a 110 dollar gift card (if you really wana know how email me)...

I'm watchin The matrix on it right now and I am pretty happy..

However, I dont understand a few things..

- How do I get Regular SD channels to be full size without streching or zooming (is that possible?)

-Wtf is with some of the HD channels not being wide screen?

Im sure I'll have more questions as i play more! :)

So far it's awsome to have such a big tv though

SD channels are aired 4x3 with pillar columns (Black or Gray). The only way to do put it full screen is to strectch it with the HDTV function (if available) or the HD receiver (if available). There some channels that transmit at full size (like TNT HD) but you won't find the SD channels doing that.

The HD channels are transmitting Wide Scree only when it is HD. Otherwise expect pillar boxes at 4x3.

well that stinks :(

Even like REGULAR HBO is gonna have those? (Unless i stretch it?)

Ok.......

so what im seeing so far is (I am ONLY watching HD channels)

- Some are more "fuzzy" that others..

Like right now FOX HD almost looks grainy....

But the INHD (701) showing boxing looks great..

Right now those two dont have bars...but CBSHD does have bars......hmmmmmmmmmm???

i must have something setup wrong cuz Smallville really doesnt look all that great.....

Im using the HDMI to DVI cable.... with "Upconvert1" on...

On Fox you are probably watching the inside... The Inside looks that way. It is an artistic decision by the director of that show. Are you watching smallville on WB? It will not look better than film... Most of these shows are shot on film.

thought you guys might like a few pics :) not that Im sure you havent seen em, but this is how it looks

Attachments

• 100_0801.JPG
    100_0801.JPG
    98.1 KB · Views: 210
  • 100_0803.JPG
    100_0803.JPG
    251.4 KB · Views: 243
  • 100_0804.JPG
    100_0804.JPG
    103.3 KB · Views: 235
Its an RCA, yes I am using HDMI->DVI cable that cost 110dollars !!! Im gonna return it after i get this other one that the guy in the other thread recommended

Yup! love it.......much faster menus than dishes...however i think the DISH one was easier on the eyes

Ok, I guess I just thought that anything on an HD channel came in on HD.......good thing these channels are "free" :)

Well after a night of playing w/ it...I love having 52 inches of pure tv!! It's amazing !

And the 8300 seems to be doing well.....
one thing about it that annoys me is how you have to press the iO button and then select..how stupid...

Now how about how do i tune this thing? I am not getting CRYSTAL clear movies on my HD movie channels? :(

if you have bars on CBS it's not HD thats how it's broadcast on set up menu did you set up pass-thru or fixed???(i am not sure if your set will do that with cable card,just dont know anything about them

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)