Welp my sirius radio was stolen ugh :(

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Alvarez

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 19, 2004
Brownsburg, IN
I live in a nice neighborhood but I guess there has been a rash of break ins in our safe little town lately... They even recently broke a police officers window and stole his gun and bulletproof vest the night before I got hit.

http://www.ramzmusic.com/ugh/2.JPG

there are others at www.ramzmusic.com/ugh but they bashed in the drivers window of my brand new Honda Ridgeline and ripped my sirius out as well as my 60 GB iPod... Both I normally bring in and use inside but I was dealing with my kids and forgot to go back out for them this particular night.

Sirius has offered to transfer my subscription to a new radio at no additional charge which was nice and they disabled the old radio. I was looking at the existing subscriber deals they have for 50% off they have the SL10 but not the SL100 and the CSR said there was no way to get a discount on the SL100... anyone know if there is a way to get a discount on it?

Insurance is messing me over.. they are trying to allocate things so that they pay the least amount. The window the field adjuster said he wanted fixed by a glass shop I told him I wanted the factory replacement from Honda.. he said he could prolly find one from a junk yard. I took it to honda and they are prolly only gonna give me 150$ toward my deductible because they feel they coulda got it fixed for that even though it wouldn't have been the factory replacement. (glass isn't under the law apparently)

The iPod they said falls under my home owners so I must replace that myself because its lower than my 500$ deductible. The sirius he said was after market so he will see where that falls. basically there is scratching on my door, door panel, and glass was shattered, they won't pay for the retinting of the window, they will give me 150 toward my deductible for the glass and who knows where they will allocate the rest... if they even pay a cent of it...

I am prolly gonna have to call the insurance commissioner in indiana. sigh

I am surprised they could see it, I know in my ridgeline the tint is kind of dark and its hard to see my Sirius unit which I have mounted over the glove compartment on the passengers side cant really be seen unless your really looking into the car.

Not sure how it works here ini Connecticut, but I do believe that if you want origional parts the insurance company has to pay for them.

I am surprised they could see it, I know in my ridgeline the tint is kind of dark and its hard to see my Sirius unit which I have mounted over the glove compartment on the passengers side cant really be seen unless your really looking into the car.

Not sure how it works here ini Connecticut, but I do believe that if you want origional parts the insurance company has to pay for them.

That is true Scott however I guess glass is exempt and who installs the original parts i.e. a mechanic the field adjuster knows who can do it for $200 less that normal body shops etc. is not out of the question so I am told... I know by taking it to honda and I will continue to take it to honda they may really try to mess me over but at least in my brand new ridgeline I know I am getting factory replacements and the work is being done right. not some guy just coming to my house and ripping my door apart who isn't honda certified.

also if you don't mind can you snap a picture of how you have it mounted? I had an old sportster replay and it was mounted on the windshield thats how they saw it. I would love to see ideas on how to mount in my truck.

looks great! where did you run the antenna to? I am leary of doing that however after now ripping the remains of the window out I have had a violated feeling with my new truck and might be able to bring myself to running the antenna through panels etc if needed... My old Grand Prix there were no wires showing but at one time I have had that whole car interior pulled out lol.

Do you have any open space under the dash (over the floor board)? I made my own custom mount (looks better than most factory mounts IMHO) and keeps it WELL HIDDEN; even with no tint. As soon as I can track down my camera from the wife I can post some pics if you have that space.

Do you have any open space under the dash (over the floor board)? I made my own custom mount (looks better than most factory mounts IMHO). As soon as I can track down my camera from the wife I can post some pics if you have that space.

For the antenna or the radio? I thought the antenna had to view the skies?

My antenna is mounted outside; both my car and SUV have wiring channels that I used to feed the lead from the exterior into the cabin and I ran them all under the dash and under the carpet inside the cabin. The custom mount I made was for the radio unit. My units are PnP models I should have mentioned.

My only complaint about the Ridgeline is the power outlets don't work while the car is off. I got so used to letting the Sirius play while the car was off then when I got in the car I could rewind back to the nfl shows and when commercials came up I would fast forward thru them...

I ran the antenna down in behing the glovebox, up the trim of the door and to the roof, there is rubber near that runs to the sun roof which lets you hide the wire well. :)

Yea I need to run a hardwire in the Ridgeline like I did my Grand Prix for my old lighting. I am just chicken with the brand new truck

I ran the antenna down in behing the glovebox, up the trim of the door and to the roof, there is rubber near that runs to the sun roof which lets you hide the wire well. :)

Where at do you attach the antenna outside the truck exactly I know a lot of people use the magnet and put it on the hood but I have never done that.

On my Cadillac it IS on the hood because I did not want it on the trunk lid and it has a landau top that the magnet will not stick to. My wife prefers hers on the hood even though the SUV has more than enough roof. LOL!

Yup its attached to the roof by the magnet, the wire comes up the rubber track by the sunroof then it stuck to the roof with the magnet. :)

If it's any consolation, the guy probably figured out that it was useless to him when he tried to pawn it..... The ID of that radio is blackballed.... Best case scenario.... someone buys it on the grey market and tries to activate it..... AFTER the guy gives his credit card and address they inform him he is in possession of stolen property. He can either surrender it or face charges for possessing stolen goods. I've heard of a few guys getting radar detectors that were stolen back this way.... Moron calls to get it fixed and the serial number turns up as a stolen item.....

My father had a portable GPS stolen from a commuter lot. The theft was bad enough, the fact that a guy through a concrete chunk through the window to get it made things even worse....

This is incredibly unobservant of me Scott but when cleaning glass I noticed a DVD player under my drivers seat LOL... It has the navigation software in it and has a PC Card slot.

Are you aware of any way to get the DVD player to play DVD's? Also can you get upgraded navigation cd's?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts