went from std def to hd, do I have to redo DVR?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

redbandit98

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 8, 2010
Fort Smith AR
I just upgraded to HD and I noticed the channels were the same number for both the standard and HD channels. Will i have to go in and redo all my recordings? I had hd at one point and it seems like when I went to std definition that all my stuff I had recording like say on TLC hd, did not record when it went back to the standard def. It has been a while though so Im no sure.
thanks
matt

I just upgraded to HD and I noticed the channels were the same number for both the standard and HD channels. Will i have to go in and redo all my recordings? I had hd at one point and it seems like when I went to std definition that all my stuff I had recording like say on TLC hd, did not record when it went back to the standard def. It has been a while though so Im no sure.
thanks
matt

Yes, you will have to tell your recordings to record the HD channel when you want the HD one recorded.

Remember, some have a -1 behind them, while others don't.

alright, thanks for the reply. I did do a "test" where I set something to record on std def and then "hid" the channel. I did record but I think it was because it was still in the process of updating everything. I will go through and reset everything. :up

Go to your menu

display options

Hide SD duplicates

DVR will only record the HD versions
That's the answer
smile.gif

Go to your menu

display options

Hide SD duplicates

DVR will only record the HD versions

That's the answer
smile.gif

This is the answer if you want to remove the SD channels from your guide.

The DVR doesn't care about what you show in your guide. (thats all that does)

IF you tell the DVR to record a SD channel and remove the SD from your guide it's still NOT going to record the HD version because you haven't told the DVR to Record the HD channel yet.

yes, this man ---------^ is correct. It wont work just by hiding the sd duplicates. After everything is updated you have to go in a reselect all the shows you want to record on the Hd channels.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)