Went to Fry's today for the first time

Oh sweet nirvana this place is awesome, I dont know if they're all like this one but it was BB, game stop, borders, jittery joes, a mom and pop comp shop, and an actual electronics supply store all rolled into one. I just wish I lived closer as this one is 40 miles away:confused:

Yes, there is nothing like going to Fry's for the first time. Heaven on earth. :) Wish I had one nearby. But will go to the one on the Las Vegas strip next week. :D

I was impressed, too !

Every Fry's store has a visual theme.

For the first time ever, I went to the Burbank (Calif) store last night.
Flying saucers everywhere, jeeps burned in half on the showroom floor by laser beams.
Landing gear from some spacecraft extending down from a ceiling-mounted ship the size of ... well, darned BIG !
Giant octopus tentacles coming up through the floor, holding tables in the computer department!
Heck of a place to take a kid... of any age!

I'm used to the more mundane stores in Fountain Valley, Anaheim, and City of Industry.

The nice folks at the Anaheim store (Space Shuttle theme) tracked down some hard-to-find motherboards for me, and we took the 40+ mile trek to Burbank, where they had 'em in will-call for us!

Fry's is "ok".. but I treat it like a 7-11. I'll buy stuff there if I need it right now. Otherwise, it is typically cheaper to buy from newegg.com or other online vendor.

Every Fry's store has a visual theme.

For the first time ever, I went to the Burbank (Calif) store last night.
Flying saucers everywhere, jeeps burned in half on the showroom floor by laser beams.
Landing gear from some spacecraft extending down from a ceiling-mounted ship the size of ... well, darned BIG !
Giant octopus tentacles coming up through the floor, holding tables in the computer department!
Heck of a place to take a kid... of any age!

I'm used to the more mundane stores in Fountain Valley, Anaheim, and City of Industry.

The nice folks at the Anaheim store (Space Shuttle theme) tracked down some hard-to-find motherboards for me, and we took the 40+ mile trek to Burbank, where they had 'em in will-call for us!

Yeah, the themes are interesting. Fountain Valley was my original introduction to Frys, about 7 years ago.

I am looking forward to Saturday morning... I'll be at the Fry's in Las Vegas... :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts