Were the Indianapolis Colts of the past decade a little overrated?

Mets82

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 5, 2008
conn.
Peyton Manning is an all time great qb. Everybody knows that. Tony Dungy is a class act on and off the field. Do you think that the Colts of the past decade have been overrated? I mean yes they had great regular seasons and made the playoffs and won a Super Bowl but I just think they could've done more.

Remember when the Colts played the Steelers in Indy.? The Colts were favorites and they lost and the Steelers went on to win the Super Bowl. How about when the Chargers beat them? They beat the Colts in back to back years after the Colts won the Super Bowl. Not only that, but they lost a Super Bowl to the Saints. They also lost back to back years to the Patriots.

I know I might be nitpicking but I just think a team that from 2003-2009 that won no less than 12 games each year should have won maybe more than one Super Bowl.

Overrated? Hardly

Underachievers? Maybe

Sure they've won only one SB, but they have a boatload of wins. The Colts are one of the top three NFL teams (along with the Pats and Steelers) over the last decade, there's no way you can call them "overrated".

Out of the last ten Superbowls either the Colts, Patriots or Steelers have been in nine of them, so I don't think they are overated.

Overrated? Hardly

Underachievers? Maybe

Sure they've won only one SB, but they have a boatload of wins. The Colts are one of the top three NFL teams (along with the Pats and Steelers) over the last decade, there's no way you can call them "overrated".

The only reason why I would say overrated is that they were favored against the Chargers and the Steelers. Both times the Colts were at home and lost. I would just think a team like that who wins a lot in the regular season would win more than 1 Super Bowl. You have an immortal qb like Manning, you win your division, win in the regular season, it just seems like they could've won a little more.

Mets82 said:
The only reason why I would say overrated is that they were favored against the Chargers and the Steelers. Both times the Colts were at home and lost. I would just think a team like that who wins a lot in the regular season would win more than 1 Super Bowl. You have an immortal qb like Manning, you win your division, win in the regular season, it just seems like they could've won a little more.

Anything can happen during a game plus with your philosophy since Brady is a great QB he should of won the last ten superbowl appearances.

Look at Brady. Brady has won 3 Super Bowls and lost 1 and Manning is 1 and 1. I dont think Brady should have won the last 10 Super Bowls. The years that they lost to the Chargers, Pats and the Steelers, were they not the favorites to at least go to the Super Bowl?

Look at Brady. Brady has won 3 Super Bowls and lost 1 and Manning is 1 and 1. I dont think Brady should have won the last 10 Super Bowls. The years that they lost to the Chargers, Pats and the Steelers, were they not the favorites to at least go to the Super Bowl?

Ben is 2-1 And how about the years the Pats lost, like it or not with Brady they are always the favorite.

Let me ask, if you had a choice for the success of the Pats, Steelers or Colts, who would you choose?

I think of them as I do the Braves during their good years. Could have/Should have done more. That does not mean they weren't very good teams, they were. Colts may have needed Manning more than the Pats needed Brady some years though.

Just because your favored doesn't mean you win.

The years that they lost to the Chargers, Pats and the Steelers, were they not the favorites to at least go to the Super Bowl?

I think the Colts were "the favorite" to win it all three times:

2005- they lost to the Steelers at home in the "Bettis/Vanderjerk" game
2006- they won the Super Bowl
2009- they lost the Super Bowl to the Saints

They lost to the Pats in 03 an 04, but both games were played in frosty Foxboro. Yes they were upset at home by the Chargers in 07, but they still would have had to face an undefeated Patriots team, again in Foxboro in the AFCCG.

So they were "favored to win it all" three times and won one SB. That's not too bad when you think of it.

Bill, you bring up a great point. I think what Im trying to say is that Manning is an elite quarterback. Hes one of the greatest of all time and only has one ring. I mean hes so great he should have more than one. I mean Trent Dilfer has as many rings as Manning. So does Brad Johnson.

Mets82 said:
Bill, you bring up a great point. I think what Im trying to say is that Manning is an elite quarterback. Hes one of the greatest of all time and only has one ring. I mean hes so great he should have more than one. I mean Trent Dilfer has as many rings as Manning. So does Brad Johnson.

Ok Dan Marino doesn't have a ring so you don't think he was a elite QB?

How many does Dan Marino have, he was a Great QB too.

Sorry Cy, I posted before I saw your post.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)