were to point a shaw direct dish in Suncity, AZ

eddiefox

Aug 16, 2011
Phoenix,AZ
Ok I am directv and dish network installer i got a call to install a shaw direct satellite but i have never done this before i dont know what my elevation or skew is also what genarel directin to point it to or what satellite to look for with my birdog the customer has the legacy reciver which is the same as dish network receivers can some one pleas help me out i don't want to let the customer down and know i can do this if i just had some info on how to do it because i cant find any thing on the web on how to do it

Shaw Direct uses Motorola receivers, not Dish receivers

Shaw is at 107.3W (main) and 111.1 (HD) sats
If you are using a meter they are both KU band satellites (10750 LNB frequency) 22k off for 107.3 and 22k on for 111.1

per dishpointer the info is this for sun city
Elevation: 50.8°
Azimuth (true): 174.5°
Azimuth (magn.): 163.5°
Dish Skew : 87.1

so you're pretty close to true south for that setup :)

also Shaw uses Digicipher II so hopefully your meter can get that

If not maybe we can find a DVB transponder to put in there...actually here is a few on 111.1
11770 V 3270 (but its DVB-S2)
11862 V 10000 (data TP but DVB)

on 107.3 the few DVB transponders on there arent up 24/7 (news feeds) so its harder. But if you bring in 111.1 then 107.3 should fall into place

has the legacy reciver which is the same as dish network receivers

To expand on what Iceberg posted......if this is truly the case (that it's the same as Dish Network receivers), then the customer does not have Shaw Direct, but rather the "other" Canadian Provider, Bell. If the customer is actually subscribed to Bell, then you are wasting your time to attempt an install as Bell's launch of two new satellites within the last four years has resulted in Arizona area being outside the area of signal coverage. The newest of the two satellites very recently went into service and has eliminated all transponders, per my neighbor in Peoria who has (had) Bell.

If you can give us the model number of the receiver and whether the customer claims that it has been previously authorized for service, we can give you a little more help on what to do for the install......

The newest of the two satellites very recently went into service and has eliminated all transponders, per my neighbor in Peoria who has (had) Bell.
yep you gotta be about 200 miles from Canada max to get signal on the new satellite.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts