Western Channel

Stanleee

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 20, 2004
NY State
What was once included in the 180 package is now a pay channel?Anyone know?Not that I watch it much but, if it is,what do we get in return?The usual.....nothing?

Possible explanation and a little Dish history...

The Westerns Channel was at one time part of the Starz/Encore package. Before the existence of AT150/180, the SE package consisted of Starz, Starz 2 (now Theater), Encore East and Encore Westerns (The Westerns Channel).

When AT 150 was introduced it contained all the Encore theme channels including the Westerns Channel (Encore East remained in the Starz package to this day).

At the same time, the Starz package was expanded to include Starz West, Starz Cinema east and west, BET Starz (now Black Starz and soon to be called Starz on Black) and Starz Family.

The Western's channel was REMOVED from the Starz/Encore package in the same package change as above.

There was a transition period for quite some time and some are still enjoying it.
-- Anyone who subscribed to the Starz/Encore package BEFORE it expanded and simultaniously dropped Westerns got to keep The Westerns Channel as long as they did not change their programming.
-If a subscriber upgraded to AT150 (from the then AT100CD or AT50CD) and then dropped AT150, they would lose Westerns along with the rest of the Encore theme channels.
-If they dropped Starz/Encore and picked it back up 20 seconds later, Westerns would not be re-instated.

So, long boring explanation leads to this:
If you had Starz-Encore and AT100 when AT150 came around and you upgraded to AT150, AND if you recently dropped Starz from your package, The Westerns channel could have been still attached to the Starz package and removed by accident.

How's that for a convoluted way to figure out what may have happened?

As stated above, there is an undvertised a la carte mini-package available that includes Encore West, Westerns, Action, Mystery, Love, and Mystery for $4.99

WAM is ONLY available as part of AT180.

See ya
Tony

I have it on the reciever thats not hooked up to the phone. But not on my 811 on the big screen. Figure that one out.

Stanleee said:
I have it on the reciever thats not hooked up to the phone. But not on my 811 on the big screen. Figure that one out.
Do a power button reset on the 811 or call DISH for a rehit on your programming. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts