WeTek Hub (1080p netflix, 24p, HEVC, Gb ethernet, HD audio)

HelderLuis

Original poster
Feb 15, 2016
Croydon
WeTek_Hub.jpg

Hello Guys,

Just wanted to leave the info about the e-mail e received about pre-order of hub.

Anyone who want to the get hands on this little box, already can guarantee to be the first ones to receive it, once it becames available.

All info on their website: https://wetek.com/product/wetek-hub

I have one of the newest android 5.1 boxes with the S905 and 2gbs DDR3 ram. paid $50 for it from amazon a month ago. I deleted everything that was preinstalled. The wifi and remote sucks and it really struggles and stutters with 4K/60. It'll barely play 4k/30 if nothing else is going on. I do like the HEVC codec and it does play my personal HEVC encodes easily.

Amazon is filled with Kodi boxes that have similar hardware specs for less than half the price.

Indeed, but quality has its price...
WeTek is known brand all over Europe and "spreading" to the US, with impeccable support and warranty service, these kodi boxes doesn't have neither.
Also WeTek has all the licences ( DTS, Dolby, Google widevine, microsoft Playready, HDCP, netflix ) these kodi boxes does not.

And as osu1991 pointed out almost of them will have problems playing 4k content, and end up having poor Wi-Fi / connections.

There are a few brands that could be compared with WeTek, but the china kodi boxes, are not one of them...

As long as Kodi is easily installed on the Fire platform, I just have a hard time seeing what one of these would offer me that I personally would use.

There are a few brands that could be compared with WeTek, but the china kodi boxes, are not one of them...
Hardware-wise, I'll bet the Wetek box is every bit as Chinese as any of the $40 S905 boxes (save the obscure RS-232 debugging adapter).

Surely for some, the two year warranty may excite, but it isn't even out yet and many of the numbers are decidedly below the curve for a modern Kodi box and the remote seems light on buttons.

It may well be cheaper than the much better appointed Core model but is that something to crow about?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)