WH DVR clients

Status
Please reply by conversation.

dbean

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 7, 2012
USA
Had a HR34 and 2 C31 clients installed last week. The remote control responsiveness and overall speed of the clients is terrible.
You hit the fast fwd button 3 times, then 4 then 5 still waiting....then all of a sudden, you blast 10 minutes past the show!
You hit the pwr button, waiting waiting, then hit the pwr button again and it turns on/off. WTH!!

The main HR34 DVR works great, and remote responds like it should.

Could I swap out the clients for a regular DVR then wire them into a whole home system?

Yes you can, but the dvr will likely cost you. Try calling customer service and see if they can offer you a deal on a dvr. The dvrs are much better as far as response times compared to the clients.

Yes you can, but the dvr will likely cost you. Try calling customer service and see if they can offer you a deal on a dvr. The dvrs are much better as far as response times compared to the clients.

so, if I were to swap out the C31's for HR24's, I would have the same functionality?
Pause, record, shows on the HR24's, then view them in different room?
The installer setup DECA for our current HR34 and C31's.

thanks!

I think you have the same functionality as with the clients. Someone with that setup will probably chime in and let you know. You will need a swm16 switch since you would have more than 8 tuners. Directv should provide it at no additional charge.

Unless you want the extra DVR tuners for recording,why not just get 2 H25's,or a H25 & HR24(of course if you go through DTV to get the extra receivers &/or DVR's,you are subject to what model they have on hand) & bypass the SWM16 installation,which would also require you to exchange your SWM LNB for a 4 cable LNB. You'll have to understand that with a HD receiver like a H25,you won't have the ability to pause,rewind,or fast forward live programing like you would a C31.

Only Difference with throwing in another HD DVR into your Genie set up. You CAN"T make a DVR tell another DVR to record something. If you have Clients they can't tell the HR24 to record anything either. Also HR24 only stream 1 remote room at a time, so if you have recordings on your HR24, and someone else is watching a recording off of it, you can't! Only the HR34 playlist will be available.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)