WHAG (Hagerstown, MD) loses NBC on June 30th

We keep our RV at River Bend Membership Corporation/Park. It's about ten miles from Hagerstown, as the crow flies. This spot is a little peninsula sticking up in a bend of the Potomac River near Falling Waters WV. We are at about a 460' elevation.

We certainly cannot get DC stations. We get MPT channel 31.1-.3 pretty reliably. And for there, that's all we really need. LOVE that station. Really oughta send them some money.

We often can watch 60.1 - .4 Ion.

We detect but can rarely watch channel 25.1 WHAG.

There, we use a UHF antenna on the side of a shed. I've considered a larger antenna on a rotor, on top of the RV shelter, gaining 20-30 feet, maybe even a large VHF/UHF, but it'd just get damaged by falling branches. It can get quite windy there.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mr Tony
WHAG advertises that it covers the news in 16 counties in 4 states. For much of that area cable is the only reliabke way tio get TV. BTW I was getting WVPY which is located in that area but it seems t have disappeared for me. I cannot even get a measurable signal.

interesting they are going to be a HEroes and Icons affiliate according to Trip

must have some inside info...havent seen anything about the agreement ;)

Reactions: Tank
It was Dish guide info I was hoping for. I can set a manual timer if I look up the info elsewhere. It would be nice though to have it right in the Dish guide. I am wondering if Fox will go nuts over another H&I affiliate in their market. I guess I will find out.

it would have to be part time H&I though since WHAG insists they will have more news.

BTW I am much closer to DC than Hagerstown. So close I can not fly a drone as it is too close to the White House.

It was Dish guide info I was hoping for. I can set a manual timer if I look up the info elsewhere. It would be nice though to have it right in the Dish guide. I am wondering if Fox will go nuts over another H&I affiliate in their market. I guess I will find out.

I think due to Hagerstown being so far away from DC I dont think there would be an issue. Its not like WHAG is on cable in the DC area (is it?)
I looked and they do carry H&I on cable in Hagerstown via the DC subchannel.

it would have to be part time H&I though since WHAG insists they will have more news.
yeah it sounds like it would be H&I outside of "news" time

BTW I am much closer to DC than Hagerstown. So close I can not fly a drone as it is too close to the White House.
oh ok ;)

Reactions: Tank
but for as much news as they are going to have (50 hours per week per original press releases)
On July 1, WHAG will add 20 hours of news to the schedule, bringing the total number of hours of local programming to more than 50 per week

That will be a fair amount of pre-emptions of H&I.

D'OH! never thought to look there ;)

But I noticed it says TBA
Washington-Hagerstown, DC / WHAG Over the air TBA

So maybe its possible they are going to do a sub of H&I? But making it Primary (fill in programming) seems more logical

I feel like if it was going on a subchannel, there would be more Nexstar stations involved and they would already have spelled out which subchannel.

- Trip

Reactions: Mr Tony
I have not seen an actual schedule fro WHAG. just curious about how they would combine news coverage and H&I.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts