What a difference

teachsac

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Nov 3, 2005
Elk Grove, CA
Just finished replacing the light engine in my mits. Blooming, washed out. It was horrible. Took an half-hour. Just like having a new TV. We are happy again. I couldn't stand it.

S~

Hehe. I heard that was a good thing about RP style tv's, like getting a new tv every few years.

I guess Ill be bringing Gregg back every one-two years to tweak mine. The return visit is el cheapo anyways.

Most only have to replace a bulb and they are back to normal. I replaced mine about 3 months ago and it actually made it worse. I replaced the WHOLE light engine.

S~

Most only have to replace a bulb and they are back to normal. I replaced mine about 3 months ago and it actually made it worse. I replaced the WHOLE light engine.

S~

Which Mitsubishi TV do you have? How long did your original bulb (or whole light engine last)? I know bulb life span depends on many variables like:
- Set on 'Bright' vs 'Normal' (mine is not on bright)
- # hours on bulb
- also just being a different unit I guess would vary a bit too

I bought a Mits. (DLP) WD-73734 this year. I wonder how many years (range) I can expect before needing to change bulb, or eek, light engine.

About what does a bulb and light engine cost and where is a good place to get them.

Loving my Mits. But even more when today my BD55 arrives and I go pick up my Paradigm Servo-15a Sub. Even more, more on Friday when I hope my Denon AVR-1909 arrives!
Tryin' to keep up with that Elwaylite character. ;)
After this, I had better stay away from here for a while or have my wife hide my credit cards. :D

65831 Diamond. Had it for 2 1/2 years. Rare for the light engine to go, but it happens. Thought the bulb was going, but turned out not to be the problem. They can be expensive. That's why I have the extended warranty and most of the time just do the repairs myself once te part comes in. The light engine is really easy, almost like plug and play adding a new video card to a computer (except much bigger).

S~

after christmas specials?

Not sure , but maybe another IPTV type source

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)