what a disappointment on dishnetwork

shaun-ohio

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 31, 2004
ohio
i called claude from dishnet store on the current offer of no credit card, no good credit record, and dishnetwork still does a soft credit check, with your ss number and it still wont go through, this is very misleading for new customers, if it doesnt go through with the current offer, you have to pay 350 bucks for the high def dvr 722 vip i think it was, and a 24 month committment. and on top of that you have to pay the first months bill first up.

These could be good programs for low end equipment. I have the pdf file on the new dha too & flex programs, but am reluctant to post it as I don't want to get our company in any trouble. Here is a couple of screen shots of equipment fees. I know Scott is privy to that info. Maybe he could put a sticky together with the details.

Attachments

• DHA TOO.JPG
    DHA TOO.JPG
    40.2 KB · Views: 248
  • Flex Tv.JPG
    Flex Tv.JPG
    44.5 KB · Views: 247
The new program gets rid of the Pre Paid cards.

One of the big complaints about it was that people had to use only the 311 receiver. Now this way the customer can have whatever recevier they want with whatever programming package they want. No need to go out and find Pre Paid cards, and again everyone qualifies.

This is what a lot of pre paid customers have been asking for, and it allows anyone to have Dish Network who wants it.

What about existing customers that have no more commitment, but will sign a new one, to get newer equipment to replace failing old equipment, w/o having to pay outrageous fees? Seems emailing dish to get replacement equipment does no good, since I've sent 2 and haven't heard a thing.

If you dont want to extend your account by getting new equipment then buy your equipment from a company like DishStore.

With DirecTV no matter where you buy or lease your equipment it adds two years on your commitment, however with Dish Network you can buy your equipment and have no additional commitment.

Where does this leave the OP, will he as well as others not be able to take part with the new credit standards are are there different tiers?

Where does this leave the OP, will he as well as others not be able to take part with the new credit standards are are there different tiers?

No, just depends on what you want & what you are willing to pay.

If he does not qualify for the reguar promotion then he will be offered the new DHA TOO or Flex TV line. Which is the same however the customer pays for the install (and thus pays for the equipment) and pre pays for their programming.

The customer then is free to leave anytime they want with no commitment. Its really not a bad thing and again everyone qualifies.

no everyone does not qualify, you still need a 24 month committment even after you buy the 722 the way claude explained it to me. and yes the 722 does cost 350

From the Dish Fact Blast that came out after Summit:

DHA TOO – This new promotion allows customers to receive the benefits and promotional overlays associated with DHA. With DHA TOO there’s no credit card/bank debit card required to qualify. DHA TOO also uses “advanced billing” which helps to make all customers “good customers,” because it requires payment for all services before receiving them. The addition of DHA TOO makes the DHA program a complete and total solution for customer qualification and acquisition.

FlexTV – All customers now qualify! It is our newest purchase program and includes many of the great features of DishNOW! without its limitations. FlexTV, like DHA TOO and DishNOW! requires “advanced billing.” It also allows customers to change programming without paying a fee, and does not require a credit card/bank debit card or SSN for qualification.

Debit or bank cards are back as of today. Not that they really went anywhere, they are now given the same status as a qualifying credit card & same credit scoring. This is good news for a lot of folks who do not have a credit card.

no everyone does not qualify, you still need a 24 month committment even after you buy the 722 the way claude explained it to me. and yes the 722 does cost 350

On the flex option it is $350.00 for a 722 and there is no term commitment & you own it, on the dha too option the 722 is $250 & is leased and there is a 24 month commitment.

Personally I think dish would be better off if they offered an option where our customers can place a deposit to be able to lease the receivers, and get the deposit back when dish gets the receivers back. You wouldn't believe the number of people with horrible credit that I know that put down an $800 deposit with AT&T for an iPhone. Why would anyone want to spend $350 on something they can't use if they cancel dish? If they want the benefits of the 24 month agreement, they should be able to put down the cancelation fee as a deposit as well, and get it back in increments as credits to their bill. dish gets a no-risk customer, people with bad credit, but who still have money (or think that they have money) can get dish without the risk of being stuck with equipment they can't use. Everyone wins!

this is good news. more potential sales.
I wonder however if Dish is still going to hold the retailers to the same retention standards with the poor credit type customers as with regular credit qualfying customers.
It would seem to me that low income or those with poor credit are more apt to cancel their service or have it terminated due to non-payment.

I work for a sub that is also a retailer. I sell about 15-20 systems per year without even trying.
I could sell more if I could cloverleaf my installs in moderate or low income areas. But in the past ,I didin't bother knowing full well that folks in these areas were less likely to have the credit standards Dish required.

Personally I think dish would be better off if they offered an option where our customers can place a deposit to be able to lease the receivers, and get the deposit back when dish gets the receivers back. You wouldn't believe the number of people with horrible credit that I know that put down an $800 deposit with AT&T for an iPhone. Why would anyone want to spend $350 on something they can't use if they cancel dish? If they want the benefits of the 24 month agreement, they should be able to put down the cancelation fee as a deposit as well, and get it back in increments as credits to their bill. dish gets a no-risk customer, people with bad credit, but who still have money (or think that they have money) can get dish without the risk of being stuck with equipment they can't use. Everyone wins!

i love how you happened to left out that fact that an iphone 8 gb cost 199.00 with a two year and 299.00 for the 16gb verision.

i think an 800 dollar deposit on a cell phone is way worse then a 350.00 purchase for a 722 recevier. the 722 is currently the flagship receiver for dish. apples flagship phone the 16gb iPhone is 299.00 with a 2 year commit. so your friend paid 800.00 deposit and 299.00 for the iphone. thats 1100.00 total he coughed up that day.

oh, by the way, what will one do with an iPhone that they own after the decide to cancel At&t. same thing an owner of a dish reciever does. trash it, throw it in the closet, sale it on ebay/craigslist, give it away, or take it apart outta pure boredem/curiosity.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)