What a freaking difference a DVR with VOOM channels Make

All Voom channels are DD5.1 and I changed to live fee and I am not getting anything DD5.1. I changed to HDTIVO to see if if my receiver was broken but I am getting DD5.1 from the HDTIVO. I am not getting any DD5.1 on Dish. Anyone else?

Don't know about 942 but my new Moto DCT6412 with cable HD is awesome...

You are absolutely right...a DVR with VOom would habe so great...!!!

Sean, I havent gotten my 942 yet. One quick question though.

On the HD Tivo you would press the down arrow to switch between tuners. How is it done on the 942?

So you shelled out the $699 for the 942? Wow. Thanks a lot that puts more pressure on me to get one, because I really want one but was hoping others would jump with me :)

How many others actually own the 942?

Sean, Re: your 942. It is possible that the 942 came shipped with the sound set to PCM Only. Go into the menus and make sure that Dolbly/PCM is selected.

BFG said:
So you shelled out the $699 for the 942? Wow. Thanks a lot that puts more pressure on me to get one, because I really want one but was hoping others would jump with me :)

How many others actually own the 942?

Sean, Re: your 942. It is possible that the 942 came shipped with the sound set to PCM Only. Go into the menus and make sure that Dolbly/PCM is selected.

Yeah... :) jump with me... I don't want to be the only one... :D I checked the Dolby/PCM is set correctly....

Nope Shelled out $250 for the 942 Lease. After selling my existing D* receivers I'll put back approx $625 back in my pocket. I suggest D* start leasing the HR10-250. Before they didnt have to because E* didnt have a HD DVR that could compete. Now they have one that beats it.

One of my gripes over Voom satellite (God Bless its Soul) that it seemed that I could not catch anything at the begining. With the Dish 942, I think I am getting more of my moneys worth of the programming.

Found the problem... It looks like there is one of the Tuners that is not passing the DD5.1. Whenever I watch LIVE or recorder program from that Tuner, it does not pass it. I have to switch to the tuner in order to watch the program with DD5.1. Anyone encountered this before?

Sean Mota said:
Found the problem... It looks like there is one of the Tuners that is not passing the DD5.1. Whenever I watch LIVE or recorder program from that Tuner, it does not pass it. I have to switch to the tuner in order to watch the program with DD5.1. Anyone encountered this before?

Oh yeah that....

This querk is well noted in Mark's guide ;)

I assume you were using PIP? Because it happens when when switch PIP, the station you swap stays PCM

Yes about the PIP window. But even if I use the swap button, I do not get the DD5.1 on the other tuner. How I get back the DD5.1 on the other tuner?

dfergie said:
Hows the PQ compared to the D*hd tivo?...

From what little I have seen on both, E* has the advantage so far. That does not mean E* is perfect either. I like both. They both function very well and provide me with almost 50 hours of HD recording!

BFG said:

No way will I make that jump. I have a crippled 921. I know the 942 is supposed to be better, but it is a piece of Dish equipment, so it could be a very fallible piece of Dish equipment. With MPEG4 coming, my 921 will become even more obsolete (perhaps that's for the best) and the investment is down the drain. No way will I spend money on another piece of non MPEG4 Dish equipment knowing it will be in the toilet by the end of the year along with the 921. If I'm going to invest in another crap shoot called a Dish HD PVR, it will be an MPEG4 STB.