522 L2.36 Release Notes

markdl

Original poster
Sep 8, 2003
I received the release notes for L2.36 this morning, and am posting them here as a service to 522 users while we're making our server move at DBSTalk. :)

L2.36 adds enhancements for audio/video sync performance (from Mark - I have no idea if this means they fixed it or not...)

L2.36 adds functional improvements for interactive features that will be introduced once the software has been fully deployed. (from Mark - I assume this is referring to "Enhanced TV" that people are talking about, but I don't know for sure.)

I'm working on getting more detailed information, especially concerning the future interactive features.

I've got one with build GAGD that got it today. The others are GALD and don't have it yet. I don't know if it's based on the serial number or the build but it always seems to happen that way. Dish site shows both versions so it could be a while.

(edit: the primary unit got it today, 5-5-5).

Pepper, I saw new report out there - no new P2.36 for 625, only for 522.
c&p
PID=089Dh Thu Apr 28 21:47:56 2005
New FW:'L236'
List of BootStraps and BuildConfigs:
'1[34]1[0-4]' 'GA[E-HJ-LNPQST][A-DJ]'
IRD Model: DP522
List of Serial Numbers:
[2] 56172867-61747866

My 522 is at L235GAPD. Can anyone give me an idea when I might see the update? I called dish support even though I knew it wouldnt do me any good. They told me I didnt need it.

n0qcu said:
One thing 2.36 adds the new UGLY & STUPID revised system info screens.

Very ugly indeed, but they do contain a bit more information. I notice the TV2 channel number doesn't fit the box if > 99.

Looks like they added a "Delete" button on caller id history, one of my wish features so you can delete something less than the entire list. Also they added "TV Enhancements".

Watched 3 hours of TV with 2.36 and did not have one audio drop. Could it be real, or was that just luck?

Sapient said:
Watched 3 hours of TV with 2.36 and did not have one audio drop. Could it be real, or was that just luck?

Anything new to report? I will be ordering a 522 once I hear it's stable.

After a couple days and more hours of TV than I care to admit, I have not had any of the 1 second audio drops, though there have been two times when I think there may have been a much shorter drop. Maybe I imagined it.

The periodic line of pixilation that popped up on the screen with 2.35 is much better, but not completely gone. I've seen it twice, and once was a third the size it was before.

I never had many other problems, so I can't comment on much else. I don't have a phne line, so I do't know if caller ID is working properly.

I should add that the lag in audio kicking back in after a show has been paused and restarted seems a bit longer now. It has gone from perhaps half a second to a second?