New Hopper Plus and Joey 4s have major flaw at release

Another minor issue that will be on the Logitech side. The new Hopper Plus makes about half of the commands on the Harmony remote inactive. Not sure why this is happening as the commands, like channel up/down, pause, etc are not new to the operating system. This should be a simple fix once Logitech enters it into their system as a new device. And yes, I know of Logitech's sunsetting these devices, but the software updates are still adding new devices.

Another smaller item is that the Google Voice assistant doesn't recognize the OTA channels. I rarely use voice commands, so that's not really an issue for me.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Ok, here's what I have learned so far....

1. There is a major flaw with each unit up-converting every video signal to HDR. There isn't a setting anywhere to turn this off or set to auto detect when a true HDR signal is detected. This makes watching regular SD and HD channels look too dark and "processed". I have spent a lot of time with proper equipment/software calibrating my TVs for their respective viewing environments and do not have the ability to use these Picture modes because the only options are the preset HDR Picture modes that came with my TVs.

2. Joey 4 will work on a Hopper 3 without having the Hopper Plus connected. This configuration will allow the Joey 4 to see and play the 4K channels 540-1 and 540-2.

3. Each unit Hopper Plus and Joey 4 have Android TV loaded on them.

4. Each unit is missing the ability in Dish settings > TV to change the Video Resolution and Aspect Ratio.

View attachment 158389

I am sure there are other bugs but I have been focused on the video signal at the moment.
Is the non-HDR programming not look as good as before??? Describe, please!