What a game by the Buccaneers!

LonghornXP

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
This was the best game I've ever seen them play. For the first time in a couple of years our defense was playing to keep the Bills out of the endzone in the last minutes not to avoid losing the game but for pride.

Just a few tidbits for you. Caddy had two 20+ yard rushes and Pittman had one 20+ yard rush. So Caddy finished with 24 attempts for 128 yards with one TD. His longest rush was for 31 yards. Also a few other tidbits for you.

Time of Pos. was Bucs with 38:50 and Bills with 21:10. Penalties did hurt the Bucs today so I'll post them. Bills had 3 for 20 yards and the Bucs had 13 for 99 yards.

Total net yards for the Bills is 147 (total plays = 51 with 2.9 average gain).
Total net yards for the Bucs is 318 (63 plays for an average gain of 5.0).

Net rushing yards for both teams below.

Bills = 47 yards on 17 rushes for 2.8 yards per carry.
Bucs = 191 yards on 40 rushes for 4.8 yards per carry.

Bills are 14-32 for 100 yards passing with 2.9 yards per pass.
Bucs are 16-22 for 127 yards passing with 5.5 yards per pass.

Besides that both teams had very few sacks and both teams didn't have any turnovers at all except for the Bucs turnover on downs at the very end of the game and I don't count that.

I know stats are stats but you had to see this game to understand just how good the Bucs looked this week. If you watched the Vikes game last week and thought we played great than know that this game we played 10 times better.

Also the Bengals are indeed a very good and upcoming team this year. But we must keep in mind that the whipping of the Vikes isn't because the Vikes are as bad as they seem. The Vikes played a Bucs team at home last week and got beat up. Now they travel away and play another above average defense so that is a double wammy. Lets just say that we the Bucs softened the Vikes up for the Bengal blow. That in no way means the Bengals aren't a very good team but as a Bucs fan I would love to play a team that got beat up in their own home badly knowing that we could finish them off so to speak.

Even as a Bucs fan I still must say to all NFL fans you better watch out for both the Bucs and the Bengals because both teams are up and coming teams that happen to be quite under-rated as of now.

Overall the Bucs couldn't have played any better (except penalties) and for the first time I got to see the true Jon Gruden offense. His offense is about passing when you need to but the main focus is on running and wearing out the other teams defense and controlling the clock. With that said Bucs fans expect a Gruden offense to score 30+ points but a Gruden offense won't be doing this because again a Gruden offense will pound the ball down the other teams throat while holding in most cases a 10+ point lead.

the scary thing is, that the bucs so called poor offense looked very good against a very good defense. they didn't really need it today, but i would like to see a little more from their passing game.

korsjs said:
the scary thing is, that the bucs so called poor offense looked very good against a very good defense. they didn't really need it today, but i would like to see a little more from their passing game.

What we Bucs fans have to understand is that a Jon Gruden offense will never be about passing all day like say the Colts. My opinion is if you can run all day "and" score you shouldn't bother passing. Everytime you try passing things can go wrong even on a perfect play and if the defense can't stop your running attack you continue running. For one it wears down the defense and controls the clock and second it reduces the risk for mistakes and just bad luck on a passing play.

For me I saw a passing game that could get it done when they needed to get it done. Also some of the best teams in all time NFL history had very good running attacks. Again I would like to see more of a passing game but if I was a coach and not a fan if I can run with success all day than I would in no way throw just for the heck of it. Be happy we didn't pass much because by not passing and winning without question shows that your an even better team.

The Bills were distracted by the giant wheel hovering over the earth.
Signed, Louis Farrakan

LonghornXP said:
That is kinda funny. Oh and your avatar looks like something else I can't say at first glance. That is just freaky the first time you see it. Just not expecting it you know.

Its just me relaxing in a hammock in Hawaii. I have this pic as the desktop wallpaper on my laptop so I can just pretend that I'm still there!

330cic said:
Its just me relaxing in a hammock in Hawaii. I have this pic as the desktop wallpaper on my laptop so I can just pretend that I'm still there!

Well when I first had a glance at it it looked like a giant penis until your brain figured out what it was really seeing. I don't have a sick mind but at first glance not knowing what it should be well you get it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)