What about CHILLER

usa hd and sci fi hd are up what about CHILLER :confused:

You mean that commercial-ridden SD channel known as Chiller? No, they didn't get that one. Just be happy with the channels you did get. It took Dish losing thousands of customers before they realized they better get these channels up. Maybe now they can begin to redeem themselves in the eyes of the TV watching public. They have been the laughingstock of satellite for well over six months now. They also have a looooooooooooooong way to go to catch up to DirecTV

I have good faith that we will get Chiller soon enough, of course I could be wrong but I would say that we will have it sooner than later.

It took Dish losing thousands of customers before they realized they better get these channels up.

Probably closer to a few hundred if even that many. Most people who have Dish HD didn't even know that these other channels exist. The members on this site make up a very small fraction of their actual customer base and the fact is most people think that just having an hd receiver means they are getting hd.

Probably closer to a few hundred if even that many. Most people who have Dish HD didn't even know that these other channels exist. The members on this site make up a very small fraction of their actual customer base and the fact is most people think that just having an hd receiver means they are getting hd.

The way they have been calling me, even after me threatening them legally to stop calling me, I would say they are pretty hard up to "get back" those of us that left Dish because of lack of HD adds. When my cable company caught up and I was paying twice for everything but Voom, I knew it was time to get rid of Dish. I like the idea of their HD only package. If they keep adding channels and get ahead of cable once again, I'd easily re-subscribe to them with the HD only package and maybe switch my Starz back over to them from BHN. BHN has the better premiums with everything else though at this point.

I never understood why DirecTV or Dish didn't carry all 26 HBO/Cinemax's and a 20+ Showtime/TMCs. Both of them are missing various things like Showtime Beyond, Showtime Women, HBO Zone, @Max, etc. If I am going to pay for Cinemax, I want all 12 channels, not just the east and west of the flagship station and Mormax East. In all honesty, before HD took off, the lack of premium channel multichannels has been what has kept me for exploring satellite in the past. BHN offers all possible premium multichannels. I am not crazy about them not having Cinemax HD or Starz HD, but they have everything else.

BTW, USA and SciFi are "commercial-ridden" as well.

Chiller is uplinked, and I expect that USA-HD and SciFi-HD were turned on today, simply so that customers don't miss the new programming this weekend, and that Chiller will appear in the usual Wednesday changes.

SKOTTY
if you left dish then stay out of the dish discussion you have no dog in this fight

This is not a current subscribers only forum. I am interested in what happens or doesn't happen in the industry. I never would have subscribed to Dish in the first place if it wasn't for this website. I want to keep up on what they are adding. I may turn them back on someday, probably in the form of HD only.

I also wished E* would get Chiller until I was visiting my sister that has D*. After watching Chiller for a couple of days all I can say is that it ain't anything special. Monsters HD is way way way better. However, if E* lights up Chiller, well I suppose the more channels the better.

SKOTTY
if you left dish then stay out of the dish discussion you have no dog in this fight

This isn't DBStalk, he can post here if he wants. He is a member of the entire SatGuys forums, not just select ones.

Besides, he is probably right about thousands switching. I am a current E* sub, and I even thought about switching. I was going to give it a few more weeks, and if nothing was added, I was heading to D*. I really wanted Scifi and USA in hd, now I want Speed and CN.

Wow...Chiller must be interesting...it's been a while since an SD channel created any stir around here.

The newly named ID (Investigation Discovery), which was previously Discovery Times (NY Times) and before that Civilization Discovery get's me excited. Most of you already have that channel and probably didn't watch it when it was run by the NY Times. It is good now if you like FBI Files and New Detective type shows. Great stuff. First SD channel to get me excited in a long time.

If E* gets the Chiller channel it, it may actually save this channel from the chopping block at NBCU. Remember problems with Trio now called Sleuth. Chiller has not been profitable since it has been created. I am glad to see there is excitement for channels. There are few new channels in the works like Discovery/Oprah OWN channel (replace Discovery Health) and Discovery Plant Green channel

I love horror movies and do like the MonstersHD channel because of it being hd,uncut, and commercial free. Looking at Chiller it would be a decent channel if it didn't have commercials. Being that it does and they edit movies I see little reason to want this channel.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts